Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jabbythistle
    • By Jabbythistle 13th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Jabbythistle
    0 WOW
    Feeling Ripped off by Neilson and BA inflight withdrawl
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    0 WOW
    Feeling Ripped off by Neilson and BA inflight withdrawl 13th Oct 16 at 9:55 AM
    Looking for some advice.

I booked a holiday with Neilson to Greece last month for May 2017. The flights are BA charter and I have in my confirmation from Neilson that an in-flight meal is provided.

Neilson have now contacted me to say that BA have changed to M&S to provide their inflight service and that this is now a chargable service.

Neilson have said that they will not compensate me as it was a complimentary service.

My argument here is that my contract is with Neilson and that my confirmation says that an inflight meal is provided. Neilson will however not budge on this.

So where do I go from here? - I'm obviously unhappy with this change as I now need to budget for the extra cash to pay for drinks and a meal that when I booked were included in the total cost of the holiday. Its an extra £124 (2 people having 4 drinks, a sandwich and snack, there and back).

Many thanks for any input / guidance
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on trying
Page 1
    • blindman
    • By blindman 13th Oct 16, 1:01 PM
    • 4,781 Posts
    • 3,884 Thanks
    blindman
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:01 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:01 PM
    Read this thread to see what others say.

I cannot see you getting anything from Neilson or BA TBHO

£124 for F&B

Take your own?
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 13th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    • 5,050 Posts
    • 6,075 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    Register each of your party with BAEC and ask BA for 1,000 avios each.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Oct 16, 3:16 PM
    • 9,957 Posts
    • 6,522 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 13th Oct 16, 3:16 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 3:16 PM
    I may be misunderstanding this but I understood that BA were stopping free refreshments on their scheduled flights and going to M&S sales however Charter flights tend to be different...eg they offer no BA benefits such as lounge access for Exec Club members, no Avios or Tier Points and deliver the service onboard that the company chartering the plane and crew ask and pay them to.
    Was this a charter or a scheduled flight that Neilsons were using?
    • trolleyrun
    • By trolleyrun 13th Oct 16, 8:59 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 4,084 Thanks
    trolleyrun
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:59 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:59 PM
    Do you have a flight number? If the flight number starts with a 9 it is a charter flight and does not come under BA regular ops and a charter company has hired the whole aircraft. Charter companies will have bought a package from BA, such as use of aircraft with a specific number of seats, and any refreshment arrangements.

If the flight number starts with anything but a 9 it is a normal scheduled BA flight and the new rules apply. Bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks (drinks to be bought after security due to liquid regulations).
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 13th Oct 16, 9:34 PM
    • 804 Posts
    • 498 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:34 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:34 PM
    Its an extra £124 (2 people having 4 drinks, a sandwich and snack, there and back).
    Who gave you those figures? It's only a short flight. Just buy something at the airport to take on board.
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 13th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    • 2,622 Posts
    • 1,588 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    Boots meal deal £3.79. 2 people = £7.58. That's the outbound sorted.

Not sure how much catering is at Greek airports. For arguments sake let's say they don't offer the same value as a Boots deal. Allow for £10 each = £20.

Ask them for £30 as a good will gesture.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    • 9,957 Posts
    • 6,522 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    Who gave you those figures? It's only a short flight. Just buy something at the airport to take on board.
    Originally posted by leylandsunaddict
    I suspect the OP is totting up the cost of 4 x alcoholic drinks each, each way....spirit and mixer would be £6 each so £96 total...don't think I would bother (but then 16 drinks is probably my annual consumption!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,627Posts Today

7,223Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin