Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 13th Oct 16, 6:57 AM
    • 1,388Posts
    • 48,262Thanks
    hdh74
    Typing too fast on facebook????
    • 13th Oct 16, 6:57 AM
    Typing too fast on facebook???? 13th Oct 16 at 6:57 AM
    Got up an went on facebook. Entered a quick little comment comp - or tried to - only to be told I was blocked for using the feature too fast. On my FIRST comment of the day. Filled in the little thingy that you get if you want to appeal. 10 minutes later it seemed to have cleared, only for me to get it again on the next comment I tried. This time I just ignored it and tried again but just typed slowly and my comment was accepted. Can FB actually tell how fast we type? Am I being silly there lol?

Lately it feels like every blooming site is conspiring to slow down my comping pah.

And I just tried another comment and got blocked again. It really doesn't like me this morning.
    Last edited by hdh74; 13-10-2016 at 7:19 AM.
Page 2
    • smaisey
    • By smaisey 13th Oct 16, 2:53 PM
    • 883 Posts
    • 33,348 Thanks
    smaisey
    Had the same since this morning too

I clicked on the "if you think you're seeing this by mistake" field so will see what happens.
    • bubbleyboo
    • By bubbleyboo 13th Oct 16, 4:18 PM
    • 1,040 Posts
    • 33,634 Thanks
    bubbleyboo
    anyone back working yet? mines still blocked
    • Bobble5366
    • By Bobble5366 13th Oct 16, 4:40 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 1,613 Thanks
    Bobble5366
    nope still blocked here too
    • lisasargent
    • By lisasargent 13th Oct 16, 5:52 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 1,555 Thanks
    lisasargent
    still blocked
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 13th Oct 16, 5:57 PM
    • 2,496 Posts
    • 20,008 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    This is now taking the cookie!!!! I am guessing there are some very clean comper homes and a nice meal cooked tonight, No pot noodles!
    DEC WINS: Gorgeous diffuser.

• MaineBlue
    • By MaineBlue 13th Oct 16, 6:31 PM
    • 14,666 Posts
    • 2,093,526 Thanks
    MaineBlue
    I'm OK to comment again, but if I seem to comment on 5+ posts within an hour I get the ban message again
    S Aguero (16); Y Toure (45); S Aguero (47); S Nasri (50)
    E Dzeko (1); E Dzeko (56); Y Toure (90)

• grannybiker
    • By grannybiker 13th Oct 16, 6:33 PM
    • 10,227 Posts
    • 990,265 Thanks
    grannybiker
    I'm "Letting them know" every time it happens in the hope everyone else is and they'll get hacked off and sort it!

Not had any reply, tho' :/
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
    • Juzza12
    • By Juzza12 13th Oct 16, 6:35 PM
    • 483 Posts
    • 5,173 Thanks
    Juzza12
    I've managed to comment on 2 things today with at least an hour in between.
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 13th Oct 16, 6:37 PM
    • 8,517 Posts
    • 294,708 Thanks
    BlueBella
    Hopefully the glitch will be all sorted before the Advents start in 47 days time YIPPEE!
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

Don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey...
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 13th Oct 16, 6:51 PM
    • 1,388 Posts
    • 48,262 Thanks
    hdh74
    Interestingly people seem to be able to comment in groups (I can) and on friends walls (haven't tried that) but not on business pages.

Still blocked and no replies to my appeals.
    • lolamia
    • By lolamia 13th Oct 16, 7:23 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 44,549 Thanks
    lolamia
    I also seemed to be suffering from this. I really hope this is not a permenant thing as they do this on instagram if you like too many photos or follow to many people its a spamming sort of thing - its super annoying and takes a couple day to get your account active again. However if they are doing that we might have to face the fact that this is here to stay and must be a new feature. Although you can appeal against it if you read they will rarely respond to individuals its so they can see what they can do better overall. . Think I may have to skip the advents for this one!!!
    Thanks to everyone's hard work in posting comps, and good luck to all
    Nov: 4 wins
    Oct: £80Sept: £19 Aug: £965 July: £2876
    June: £105 May : £105 April: £140 March: £626
    Feb: £865.20 Jan: £1960 BEST WIN Sony Bundle 2015 Prize Fund £1,538
    • grannybiker
    • By grannybiker 13th Oct 16, 7:57 PM
    • 10,227 Posts
    • 990,265 Thanks
    grannybiker
    OMG, Mr GB has just been banned for trying to post on a comp page and he's the slowest typer I know. He doesn't do many comps either.
    I think it could be something to do with businesses as all group comments and on friends' posts have been fine.
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
    • Justsharon
    • By Justsharon 13th Oct 16, 8:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Justsharon
    It would help if people knew how long they are blocked for. They used to at least tell you that.
    • MaineBlue
    • By MaineBlue 13th Oct 16, 9:07 PM
    • 14,666 Posts
    • 2,093,526 Thanks
    MaineBlue
    I'm "Letting them know" every time it happens in the hope everyone else is and they'll get hacked off and sort it!

Not had any reply, tho' :/
    Originally posted by grannybiker
    Ditto, same here

And scrub my earlier comment. The %$%&*$£%* banned me again randomly even though I hadn't commented for ages

• Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 13th Oct 16, 11:13 PM
    • 1,247 Posts
    • 8,487 Thanks
    Misslayed
    I've had no probs today, but I'm holding my breath for when I get caught. Although my FB page is mostly about family and friends, a couple of comps a day. Some days more than others, as it happens it's been a quiet time for FB comps.
    • MaineBlue
    • By MaineBlue 14th Oct 16, 1:04 AM
    • 14,666 Posts
    • 2,093,526 Thanks
    MaineBlue
    I've had no probs today, but I'm holding my breath for when I get caught. Although my FB page is mostly about family and friends, a couple of comps a day. Some days more than others, as it happens it's been a quiet time for FB comps.
    Originally posted by Misslayed
    I hardly share comps; maybe 1 a week at most.
    I've messaged them about 6 times now and still no response.

• Short-n-Sweet
    • By Short-n-Sweet 14th Oct 16, 1:10 AM
    • 7,023 Posts
    • 320,731 Thanks
    Short-n-Sweet
    I also have it. I don't enter that much but did enter a fair few on Wednesday and then Thursday morning as soon as I tried to comment it came up with the error! I reported it as a mistake but was pretty annoyed to see they do not review each case and that basically our comments will Just be used to try and help THEM in the future....

I freaked out. If I am typing to fast now I dread to think what they wiill think when the Advents start. Hoping this is a glitch with so many of us having it I wouldn't of minded so much if I had been OTT entering like mad but I really haven't. I wondered if maybe it was due to trying to clamp down on companies using like and share as an entry method and the fact we had entered it when they classed it as spam it told us all off for being associated with it.
    Ask.. Believe.. Receive..

Every Accomplishment Starts With The Decision To Try
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 14th Oct 16, 6:23 AM
    • 1,388 Posts
    • 48,262 Thanks
    hdh74
    Not fixed yet.
    • Bobble5366
    • By Bobble5366 14th Oct 16, 6:56 AM
    • 348 Posts
    • 1,613 Thanks
    Bobble5366
    still blocked here !
    • ravernoloo
    • By ravernoloo 14th Oct 16, 8:02 AM
    • 993 Posts
    • 10,922 Thanks
    ravernoloo
    Yep I'm still blocked too. I can comment on selling groups posts, friends posts just not business pages. So frustrating. Yes would be helpful to know how long the ban is for. At least we know we aren't alone ��
    Good things come to those who wait!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,031Posts Today

5,359Users online

Martin's Twitter