Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 13th Oct 16, 6:24 AM
    • 11,584Posts
    • 37,928Thanks
    sarah1972
    Tesco currently not selling Unilever Products (Hellmans, Colmans etc)
    • 13th Oct 16, 6:24 AM
    Tesco currently not selling Unilever Products (Hellmans, Colmans etc) 13th Oct 16 at 6:24 AM
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3835034/Major-brands-axed-Tesco-shelves-row-supplier-Unilever-demanded-10-cent-price-rise-falling-pound.html

Went to buy Colmans mustard and noticed that there wasnt any
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 1
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 13th Oct 16, 11:57 AM
    • 2,493 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:57 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:57 AM
    Comes across to me as an EU (Dutch) multi-national bashing the U.K. over Brexit. But why on earth would any consumer support any company which is increasing prices? Personally, I've started a personal boycott of Unilever products and still shopping at Tesco which comes across to me as consumers' champions.

Likely to have an effect over the whole economy in services and products which are adjusted according to the retail price index such as mobile phone contracts.

In due course though relatively easy to find Tesco own brands which are made by Unilever: They will be out of stock
    Saving for Xmas 2017 - A pound a day - 30/365

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you

Unsliced bread: You can have it any thickness you want! The wonders of modern technology.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 13th Oct 16, 12:31 PM
    • 2,321 Posts
    • 1,661 Thanks
    dekaspace
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:31 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:31 PM
    Their adverts I find so generically "look at us" acting as if they are great people who do so much for the world.

In reality they are no different than any other big compnay doing its things to get publicity for as cheap as possible.
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 13th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 55,982 Posts
    • 321,640 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    I'm not aware of buying any of these things. It doesn't bother me.

I also don't shop online (the goods can still be bought in Mr T shops); I also rarely go to Mr T as it's a 12 mile round trip .....

Not bovvered as they say
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 13th Oct 16, 1:27 PM
    • 11,584 Posts
    • 37,928 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:27 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:27 PM
    I'm not aware of buying any of these things. It doesn't bother me.

I also don't shop online (the goods can still be bought in Mr T shops); I also rarely go to Mr T as it's a 12 mile round trip .....

Not bovvered as they say
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    They can still be bought in the shop until they have sold out as far as I am aware.

There will always be alternatives and I am not that bothered to be honest, just thought I would highlight it on here.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 13th Oct 16, 1:33 PM
    • 55,982 Posts
    • 321,640 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:33 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:33 PM
    I just looked at the full list of brands on the link provided in Post #1 .... never heard of most of them.

It won't change my life whether they buy/sell them, or not ... or how much the price increases/falls.

Same with everything we buy .... we don't have to. There are alternatives. They're not "food", they're products. It might be good for some people to learn the difference between "food" and "products" and start to go without or try somebody else's similar product.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 13th Oct 16, 6:37 PM
    • 13,919 Posts
    • 108,554 Thanks
    JackieO
    • 13th Oct 16, 6:37 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 6:37 PM
    Most of them you can find an alternative to anyway and I'm sure the world won't stop turning if they disappear from the shelves.What its likely to do is create a false 'panic buying ' from consumers who think that to lose Marmite is the end of the world, trust me its not.I can't see that jacking the price up by 10% is a valid reason at all irrespective of brexit or not.
    tesco will obviously paint them selves as the the consumer crusader ,in fact I think if there were less choice I would be happier.To go into a large supermarket and see umpteen tins all selling the same product i.e. Baked beans with prices varying is daft You don't eat the tin and beans is beans for goodness sake Shampoo washes you hair it doesn't have to do all the airy-fairy things its advertised at just lather up and wash your barnet Less stuff on the shelves would perhaps mean less lorries on the road trundling round the same stuff in different labelled tins etc
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.

December budget £60.00 5 NSD including today
    • custardy
    • By custardy 13th Oct 16, 7:01 PM
    • 31,505 Posts
    • 26,170 Thanks
    custardy
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:01 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:01 PM
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37650234
    • Marktheshark
    • By Marktheshark 13th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    • 5,317 Posts
    • 6,669 Thanks
    Marktheshark
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    The outside word on the inside is, it may, might, could be a credit problem.
    Brexit will become whatever they invent it to be.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,294Posts Today

6,541Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted to see the House of Lords taking up to cudgels to fight the disgraceful retrospective hike in student loa? https://t.co/buXWSlgXoj

• RT @politicshome: Cabinet splits on foreign students re-emerge as Amber Rudd admits there are 'differing views' https://t.co/XYivypL5Cc htt?

• For me capping the number of legitimate foreign Uni students is a mistake. Its one of our strong exports & boosts UK soft power around world

• Follow Martin