Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harryjoconnor
    • By harryjoconnor 13th Oct 16, 2:17 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    harryjoconnor
    0 WOW
    Travel company miss booked our flights - what to do?
    • 13th Oct 16, 2:17 AM
    0 WOW
    Travel company miss booked our flights - what to do? 13th Oct 16 at 2:17 AM
    We booked two tickets to Bali via Singapore about a month ago via a travel company. They sent us a confirmation email regarding the flights but when we received the etickets they have a different return flight from Singapore. I've spoken to them about it and they said something about the airlines changing our flights. When quizzed on it they said they said our flight is fully booked and they will put us on a waiting list for it should there be any cancellations.

I've checked and I can buy tickets for the original booking. We now have 24 hours in Singapore with an overnight that was unplanned meaning I have to change my work plans and pay for hotel and extra expense.

I've emailed them explaining this but am wanting to know my legal rights should there be any problems down the line.

Best wishes and thanks for any advice
Page 1
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 13th Oct 16, 7:00 AM
    • 7,798 Posts
    • 4,748 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:00 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:00 AM
    You are probably limited, their terms and conditions will allow them to make reasonable changes, possibly in their consideration rather than yours.

It's often best to book direct with airlines and easier to get changes or your preferences considered.

They may have filled their allocation for that flight, or it's simply that the fare class has been filled and it's now more expensive in your selected flights.

Which agent is it, some have a reputation for advertising fares and then supplying more expensive flights.
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 13th Oct 16, 9:07 AM
    • 11,017 Posts
    • 7,369 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:07 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:07 AM
    Have you asked the airline? Clearly they could help, if they chose to do so.

The change between confirmation and e-ticket is of course significant and would not be classed as a "reasonable change". So your options would depend upon which agent you used; where in the world they are based; and how you paid.
    • harryjoconnor
    • By harryjoconnor 13th Oct 16, 1:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    harryjoconnor
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:42 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:42 PM
    The agent is based in the U.K. and I paid by debit card. How does this affect my situation. I shall speak to the airline tomorrow.

The agent has said in an email that the flight was changed by the airline and not by them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,245Posts Today

5,869Users online

Martin's Twitter