Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skynexer
    • By Skynexer 12th Oct 16, 10:50 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Skynexer
    Applying for Finance just after accepting another agreement
    • 12th Oct 16, 10:50 PM
    Applying for Finance just after accepting another agreement 12th Oct 16 at 10:50 PM
    I've recently been accepted for finance for an item worth £1000 and was wondering if this will have any effect on me applying for finance with another company/broker in the next few weeks?

My credit score is fine with no missed payments etc, but will applying for finance in a short space of time (even though accepted) effect my next chance ?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Oct 16, 4:23 AM
    • 9,386 Posts
    • 9,220 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:23 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:23 AM
    Yes, it could.
    • SeanG79
    • By SeanG79 13th Oct 16, 8:54 AM
    • 822 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    SeanG79
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:54 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:54 AM
    It could but it will depend if the new finance is reported as activated yet, or still showing as the credit search.

The credit search may have a minimal impact but I wouldn't expect that to result in a decline. If the credit agreement is being reported as active, then they new application will take that into account when considering affordability and exposure.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

309Posts Today

1,440Users online

Martin's Twitter