Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• trailingspouse
    • By trailingspouse 12th Oct 16, 10:38 PM
    • 1,409Posts
    • 1,970Thanks
    Waste not want not
    • 12th Oct 16, 10:38 PM
    Waste not want not 12th Oct 16 at 10:38 PM
    What do you consider to be waste, and how do you avoid it?

I hate wasting food - I've just had to throw away a full, unused pot of potato salad because the weather turned cold, I was making stews instead of salads, and it got forgotten at the back of the fridge until it was well past its use-by date. I'm normally more vigilant than that!

And what about other things - gas and electric, water, time. How far do you go to avoid waste?
Page 2
    • Slowly57
    • By Slowly57 14th Oct 16, 4:05 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 1,381 Thanks
    I cook with electric so always turn a saucepan off 5-10 minutes before its done and put a lid on to let it finish off cooking in its own heat.
    Originally posted by JackieO
    I cook with gas and my hob has a split cast iron pan support which is great for this and for keeping things warm or for a really slow simmer
    Nov GC £65.41 / £200 26/10/16 - 30/11/16
    Oct GC £243.82 / £200 28/9/16 - 26/10/16
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

55Posts Today

2,897Users online

Martin's Twitter