Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• adonis10
    • By adonis10 12th Oct 16, 10:25 PM
    • 1,058Posts
    • 118Thanks
    0 WOW
    Where to stay in Paris
    • 12th Oct 16, 10:25 PM
    0 WOW
    Where to stay in Paris 12th Oct 16 at 10:25 PM
    Taking my gf for her 30th next May and looking for tips as to where to stay. Staying for a couple of nights so want to be fairly central (within reason, cost wise) as want to make the most of the short time we are there.

Happy to hear advice on where to stay and places to see/things to do.
Page 1
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 13th Oct 16, 9:09 AM
    • 10,876 Posts
    • 7,287 Thanks
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:09 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:09 AM
    MIGE has brilliant central locations, and the cost is reasonable.

When I stayed there I tried to book by email and they did not reply, however when I turned up everything was fine. Pity that they insist on including a breakfast that is really not very good.
    • gwynlas
    • By gwynlas 13th Oct 16, 9:21 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:21 AM
    Where to stay in Paris
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:21 AM
    Marais/Bastille means most everywhere you want to go is walk able look at Paris Tourist information board, Last time we were there rented an apartment for a week in Bastille through airbnb, It really depends on your budget where you choose to eat but a lot of okay reasonably priced chains around Bastille itself. Be aware that sitting outside is more expensive, Time Out guides usually good. Lots of cheaper package breaks use 2 star accommodation with crap breakfasts or out at La Defense which whilst on Metro is like staying in Croydon when yo wanted to be in Central London.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 13th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 259 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    • 13th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    For location the Four Seasons George V hotel takes some beating. Great hotel and very helpful and knowledgable staff.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

862Posts Today

5,960Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • BBC weather just told us clocks going back means "everyone gets an extra hour's sleep". Hmmm not if you've young children or on nightshift.

• Pension cold callers and misselling ruins lives. This petition is trying to stop them sign if u agree.

• Thank you Microsoft (Tom)

• Follow Martin