Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 12th Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 7,492Posts
    • 26,226Thanks
    Nicki
    Mouse in restaurant
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    Mouse in restaurant 12th Oct 16 at 8:48 PM
    Haven't ventured here before so bracing myself for responses!

I took some clients out to a nice restaurant for lunch today and just after the main course arrived, a mouse ran out of the kitchen and across the dining room floor! The waiters weren't at all surprised and said it was a common problem!

I didn't eat any of the rest of my meal as I felt quite sick at the thought but my guests fortunately thought it was quite funny and finished theirs (though to be fair they didn't fancy ordering a dessert!)

I complained to the restaurant afterwards but still didn't get an explanation or apology.

What would you think? Would you report to Environmental Health?
Page 2
    • daytona0
    • By daytona0 14th Oct 16, 7:25 PM
    • 2,237 Posts
    • 2,656 Thanks
    daytona0
    Thanks everyone. I did report and environmental health did go in and as my old granny would say "there's never just one mouse". A wide scale problem has been identified and hopefully will now be addressed.

No contact from the restaurant though - certainly not an apology for what happened or any form of goodwill gesture in relation to the part of the meal we didn't eat but paid for. So won't be going back there again!
    Originally posted by Nicki
    One would argue that no contact from the restaurant could in fact be a GOOD thing!

I don't reckon they'll be very happy with the person who *ratted* (ha) on them and helped to potentially close down their business/source of living. Nor should you really expect them to want you in the restaurant in the future!
    Last edited by daytona0; 14-10-2016 at 7:28 PM.
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 14th Oct 16, 9:19 PM
    • 7,492 Posts
    • 26,226 Thanks
    Nicki
    Ha ha. I didn't bring the mouse in with me you know! It's up to them if they want to lose their business trade I guess.
    • montyrebel
    • By montyrebel 15th Oct 16, 12:07 PM
    • 540 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    montyrebel
    This Scottish guy goes on a skiing trip to Canada. After a hard day on the slopes, he retires to a bar at the bottom of the mountain.
    After about five or six whiskeys, he looks up and notices a stuffed animal on the wall with antlers, so he says to the barman, "what the f**k is that?"
    The barman says, "it's a moose."
    The Scottish chap says, "f**k me! How big are the cats?"
    mortui non mordent
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 26th May 17, 9:58 PM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    If they wrote a grovelling letter of apology, and offered you a free meal ; what do you think would be in it ?
    Best to stay away.
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 26th May 17, 11:52 PM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 4,807 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    If they wrote a grovelling letter of apology, and offered you a free meal ; what do you think would be in it ?
    Best to stay away.
    Originally posted by Geoff1963
    A valid point, but has it really taken you 7 months to compose your reply?
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 29th May 17, 11:05 PM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    I only joined the forum on 14 May.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 29th May 17, 11:15 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    I only joined the forum on 14 May.
    and you commented on an old post
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 29th May 17, 11:37 PM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    Is it a problem to comment on an old post ? I'm new to this.

If anyone reads an old thread, it suggests they might be interested in what someone has to say about it ; or do people monitor old posts, just to complain about the breach of ( unpublished ) protocol ?
    • takman
    • By takman 30th May 17, 11:37 AM
    • 2,479 Posts
    • 2,069 Thanks
    takman
    Is it a problem to comment on an old post ? I'm new to this.

If anyone reads an old thread, it suggests they might be interested in what someone has to say about it ; or do people monitor old posts, just to complain about the breach of ( unpublished ) protocol ?
    There is no need to monitor old posts; when someone replies to them it bumps them up to the top of the forum so lots of people will now be reading it!.

The OP is also still active on the forum so you may even get a reply from them.
    • jonmoneybags
    • By jonmoneybags 30th May 17, 11:44 AM
    • 291 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    jonmoneybags
    neee nawww neee nawwww

the forum police are about, watch out
    • prosaver
    • By prosaver 30th May 17, 11:52 AM
    • 6,464 Posts
    • 5,018 Thanks
    prosaver
    I went in that restaurant and ordered octopus and they said it will take 3 hours ..the waiter said we have to boil them alive and the octopus keeps turning the gas off.
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 30th May 17, 12:09 PM
    • 2,511 Posts
    • 1,663 Thanks
    AndyPix
    Personaly, I would have made a right (and loud) fuss and refused to pay for/eat the meal ..

Bit late once you have left the premises though
    Running with scissors since 1978
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

316Posts Today

4,411Users online

Martin's Twitter