Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Nicki
    • By Nicki 12th Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 7,374Posts
    • 25,934Thanks
    Mouse in restaurant
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    Mouse in restaurant 12th Oct 16 at 8:48 PM
    Haven't ventured here before so bracing myself for responses!

I took some clients out to a nice restaurant for lunch today and just after the main course arrived, a mouse ran out of the kitchen and across the dining room floor! The waiters weren't at all surprised and said it was a common problem!

I didn't eat any of the rest of my meal as I felt quite sick at the thought but my guests fortunately thought it was quite funny and finished theirs (though to be fair they didn't fancy ordering a dessert!)

I complained to the restaurant afterwards but still didn't get an explanation or apology.

What would you think? Would you report to Environmental Health?
Page 2
    • daytona0
    • By daytona0 14th Oct 16, 7:25 PM
    • 1,666 Posts
    • 1,847 Thanks
    Thanks everyone. I did report and environmental health did go in and as my old granny would say "there's never just one mouse". A wide scale problem has been identified and hopefully will now be addressed.

No contact from the restaurant though - certainly not an apology for what happened or any form of goodwill gesture in relation to the part of the meal we didn't eat but paid for. So won't be going back there again!
    Originally posted by Nicki
    One would argue that no contact from the restaurant could in fact be a GOOD thing!

I don't reckon they'll be very happy with the person who *ratted* (ha) on them and helped to potentially close down their business/source of living. Nor should you really expect them to want you in the restaurant in the future!
    Last edited by daytona0; 14-10-2016 at 7:28 PM.
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 14th Oct 16, 9:19 PM
    • 7,374 Posts
    • 25,934 Thanks
    Ha ha. I didn't bring the mouse in with me you know! It's up to them if they want to lose their business trade I guess.
    • montyrebel
    • By montyrebel 15th Oct 16, 12:07 PM
    • 514 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    This Scottish guy goes on a skiing trip to Canada. After a hard day on the slopes, he retires to a bar at the bottom of the mountain.
    After about five or six whiskeys, he looks up and notices a stuffed animal on the wall with antlers, so he says to the barman, "what the f**k is that?"
    The barman says, "it's a moose."
    The Scottish chap says, "f**k me! How big are the cats?"
    mortui non mordent
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,791Posts Today

7,130Users online

Martin's Twitter