Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ed44
    • By ed44 12th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 29Thanks
    ed44
    TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor 12th Oct 16 at 8:44 PM
    https://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/interactive-investor-acquires-td-direct/

http://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/special-pages/customer-information/?_ga=1.259966666.1942136220.1414500024

No change to the TD service in the short term.
    Last edited by ed44; 12-10-2016 at 9:05 PM. Reason: changed link
Page 9
    • Nerdlinger
    • By Nerdlinger 6th Sep 17, 11:04 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Nerdlinger
    I think by now my ISA transfer to IG is complete. The ISA account was closed as soon as the share portfolio was transferred (this took a few weeks) but the dividends accrued (gone ex-dividend) but not paid up to that date were quietly collected by TD and eventually transferred to IG, unitemised, after the last one was paid. I'd advise anyone transferring their ISA to wait until the dividends had all been paid before closing the account so you can at least monitor it.

IG appear to pay divis into the account a day late and cash transfers out then take 24 hours plus. Being a flexible ISA the amount you are allowed to subscribe in the current tax year is displayed and this amount increases as you withdraw dividend payments. I've also just withdrawn my £250 transfer incentive.

I like the 2 stage security on the account login. There is a way of viewing a list of the shares and their value etc but you have to open the "classic" version of the website, bit weird, I suppose it is just more of a bookmaker than a stockbroker. The total value is displayed on the "dashboard" page and appears to be updated live which Google Finance's portfolio service doesn't do but this serves no real purpose. I got a flurry of emails offering assistance in getting started with trading which I found easy to ignore.

On the whole I am quite pleased with the transfer as I think I've ended up with a better service and a bit more cash, I wouldn't even have considered switching if TD/II hadn't threatened to introduce platform fees.
    • C_Mababejive
    • By C_Mababejive 6th Sep 17, 11:42 AM
    • 10,251 Posts
    • 9,309 Thanks
    C_Mababejive
    This change is unfortunate. I have been more than happy with TDs accounts and services over many years. If they change the fee structure to my disadvantage i will dump them,simples..
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 6th Sep 17, 12:45 PM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 2,183 Thanks
    JohnRo
    IG appear to pay divis into the account a day late and cash transfers out then take 24 hours plus.
    Originally posted by Nerdlinger
    Thanks for the info, this is about the same as TDDI currently even though they update the account statement on the day those recorded dividend payments are not immediately accessible, so no change there in terms of usual service.

I'm intending to move a TDDI portfolio to IG as an interim measure for the £250 reward but just waiting to see what interactive investor eventually decide to impose on TDDI clients before making the leap.

What account info retrieval options do IG offer?
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
    • economic
    • By economic 6th Sep 17, 2:54 PM
    • 1,741 Posts
    • 874 Thanks
    economic
    This change is unfortunate. I have been more than happy with TDs accounts and services over many years. If they change the fee structure to my disadvantage i will dump them,simples..
    Originally posted by C_Mababejive
    i will do the same. me and my family have around half a million pounds with them and will move it all if the fees are at a disadvantage.

im hoping II read these forums and take note...
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 6th Sep 17, 11:41 PM
    • 3,170 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    Originally posted by C_Mababejive
    I don't know what you pay TD Direct but they are changing the fee structure to be that of II (funnily enough).

They had promised a year for people to make up their minds and transfer out FoC until then (was FoC with TD Direct anyway).

I've decided to move the OH dealing and ISA account to iWeb. It is as good a time as any, and shortly I will have a quarter before the next divis arrive so will use this 'break' as the time to go.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 10th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    • 3,170 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    Ok, so have decided to move the TD Direct accounts to iWeb.

Have opened a iWeb dealing and ISA account and have printed off the iWeb form to request the ISA account transfer from TD Direct to iWeb.

One question for anyone who has transferred accounts to iWeb.... The form is specifically about transferring the ISA (TD Direct) account; how have others moved their dealing account to iWeb?

Is it a case of making the request to the existing provider (TD Direct) and providing the new (iWeb) dealing account details or will it come across in line with the ISA transfer?

• grey gym sock
    • By grey gym sock 10th Sep 17, 4:15 PM
    • 4,098 Posts
    • 3,573 Thanks
    grey gym sock
    you make the request to move a dealing account with the destination account (i.e. iweb), the same as for the ISA. but it's a separate request from moving the ISA - after all, some people might not want to move both accounts.
    • TCA
    • By TCA 10th Sep 17, 4:43 PM
    • 1,298 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    TCA
    cloud_dog when you're logged into iWeb you have to be in your dealing account to print off that particular form. Then click on Transfers, then click on Broker Transfer. It doesn't work if you're trying to do that from within your ISA account.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 10th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    • 3,170 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    cloud_dog when you're logged into iWeb you have to be in your dealing account to print off that particular form. Then click on Transfers, then click on Broker Transfer. It doesn't work if you're trying to do that from within your ISA account.
    Originally posted by TCA
    Ok, thanks. I'll give it a go.

• hutman
    • By hutman 11th Sep 17, 12:33 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    hutman
    i hold two Vanguard funds on ISA in TD.. is it worth transferring these to Vanguards platform to save a bit of cash? Anyone know the fees involved for such a procedure?
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 11th Sep 17, 12:45 PM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 2,183 Thanks
    JohnRo
    No transfer fees out from TDDI currently (afaik).

Other Charges

Transfer in or out of Stock, UK Certificates, Funds, or ETFs. : FREE

Account closure : FREE
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 11th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    • 5,464 Posts
    • 5,270 Thanks
    eskbanker
    i hold two Vanguard funds on ISA in TD.. is it worth transferring these to Vanguards platform to save a bit of cash? Anyone know the fees involved for such a procedure?
    Originally posted by hutman
    There are no fees at either end for an ISA transfer from TD to Vanguard, so you'll benefit straightaway from Vanguard's lower platform fee....
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 11th Sep 17, 12:48 PM
    • 6,103 Posts
    • 5,239 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

Originally posted by hutman
    have a read of this,

then this was in post 165 above, so seems transferring out of TD is free,

''They had promised a year for people to make up their minds and transfer out FoC until then (was FoC with TD Direct anyway).''
    Y'all take care now.
    • TCA
    • By TCA 11th Sep 17, 3:20 PM
    • 1,298 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    TCA
    then this was in post 165 above, so seems transferring out of TD is free,

''They had promised a year for people to make up their minds and transfer out FoC until then (was FoC with TD Direct anyway)''
    Originally posted by frugalmacdugal
    Until at least 1st October 2018 according to the link below:

"We’re confident that you’ll be happy with our enhanced service and are pleased to confirm that there will be no transfer out fees for existing TD Direct Investing customers until at least 1st October 2018. So you’ll have plenty of time to try it out and make sure it’s right for you, with the freedom to leave if it isn't."

https://help.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/system/templates/selfservice/tddi/?&_ga=2.219956185.1140669441.1505056564-202407415.1483640883#!portal/402800000001013/article/Auth-4153/Thinking-of-transferring-your-portfolio-to-another-provider-or-closing-your-account
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 11th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 2,183 Thanks
    JohnRo
    That suits me very well indeed, hopefully IG don't now drop their cash incentive.

I wanted to get the TD GIA wrapped up in the ISA and then closed before moving ISA, which needs to wait until April.
    • hutman
    • By hutman 12th Sep 17, 12:42 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    hutman
    thanks guys
    • tusk
    • By tusk 15th Sep 17, 3:42 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    tusk
    @ johnro
    TD charges. Transfer out and Trading Account closure free ISA closure £30. If your account is empty and not used II will still charge platform fee so be sure to close the accounts as soon as the investments leave the account.
    • TCA
    • By TCA 15th Sep 17, 4:04 PM
    • 1,298 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    TCA
    @ johnro
    TD charges. Transfer out and Trading Account closure free ISA closure £30. If your account is empty and not used II will still charge platform fee so be sure to close the accounts as soon as the investments leave the account.
    Originally posted by tusk
    Are you sure there's a £30 ISA closure fee? Can you post a link please. Their rates and charges page says no fee to open or close your account. If you're transferring an ISA it should disappear anyway so there should be no empty account as such:

https://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/rates-and-charges

They will charge a fee on closure if you are actually paying ongoing account fees. i.e. you get a pro-rata charge up to date of closure, payable on date of closure. But that's the account fee outstanding at closure, not an actual closure fee.
    Last edited by TCA; 15-09-2017 at 4:12 PM.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 15th Sep 17, 5:18 PM
    • 3,170 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    Are you sure there's a £30 ISA closure fee? Can you post a link please. Their rates and charges page says no fee to open or close your account. If you're transferring an ISA it should disappear anyway so there should be no empty account as such:

https://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/rates-and-charges

They will charge a fee on closure if you are actually paying ongoing account fees. i.e. you get a pro-rata charge up to date of closure, payable on date of closure. But that's the account fee outstanding at closure, not an actual closure fee.
    Originally posted by TCA
    Received an e-mail from TD Direct confirming TO and it would not incur a fee

• tusk
    • By tusk 15th Sep 17, 7:37 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    tusk
    Article #Auth-3606
    Moving your ISA to another provider
    If you wish to move your ISA to another provider and have completed a transfer form with them, the provider will contact us to arrange a safe transfer of your ISA assets.
    We don’t charge to transfer your holdings or a closure fee*.
    *On closure of an ISA account you will be charged the Stock and Shares ISA Account Fee. Full details can be found on our Rates and Charges.
    Following a transfer to another provider should you wish to close your ISA with us you will contact us to confirm this. This will avoid any unnecessary actions or charges being applied to your account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,877Posts Today

7,967Users online

Martin's Twitter