Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ed44
    • By ed44 12th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 29Thanks
    ed44
    TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor 12th Oct 16 at 8:44 PM
    https://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/interactive-investor-acquires-td-direct/

http://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/special-pages/customer-information/?_ga=1.259966666.1942136220.1414500024

No change to the TD service in the short term.
    Last edited by ed44; 12-10-2016 at 9:05 PM. Reason: changed link
Page 8
    • ed44
    • By ed44 17th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    ed44
    This is new:

Will transfer out fees be charged for TD Direct Investing customers who don’t want to stay with Interactive Investor when the new pricing approach is introduced?

We want you to stay with us and to have plenty of time to try out our improved service, so we are pleased to confirm there will be no transfer out fees for existing TDDI customers until at least 1st October 2018.
    Will still be leaving if they introduce transfer out fees, but this gives more time to choose a new platform.
    • Economic
    • By Economic 17th Jul 17, 3:24 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    Economic
    This is new:

Will still be leaving if they introduce transfer out fees, but this gives more time to choose a new platform.
    Originally posted by ed44
    If they offer a good service then I do not why they need to charge exit fees except to reduce competition (with exit fees a new entrant would have to offer substantially lower prices to attract customers). Also, no exit fees means that if the service goes downhill then you can change broker at no cost. Anyway I have transferred one account to IG and will be transferring my ISA if TDDI introduce exit fees.
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 17th Jul 17, 5:33 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 5,117 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

well, I've got shares with TD, just share account and share ISA, so will all just transfer to II at no cost?
    Y'all take care now.
    • ed44
    • By ed44 17th Jul 17, 8:14 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    ed44
    Hi,

well, I've got shares with TD, just share account and share ISA, so will all just transfer to II at no cost?
    Originally posted by frugalmacdugal
    Yes. The fees are for transfers to other providers. III has taken over TDDI, so they are the same organisation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,238Posts Today

7,549Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin