Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ed44
    • By ed44 12th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 29Thanks
    ed44
    TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor 12th Oct 16 at 8:44 PM
    https://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/interactive-investor-acquires-td-direct/

http://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/special-pages/customer-information/?_ga=1.259966666.1942136220.1414500024

No change to the TD service in the short term.
    Last edited by ed44; 12-10-2016 at 9:05 PM. Reason: changed link
Page 4
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 6th Jun 17, 9:38 AM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    TD direct and IG do not have exit fees, but X-O do have exit fees.
    Originally posted by Economic
    I think my mind must have read your 'like' as 'unlike'....ooops.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
    • isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 7th Jun 17, 1:40 PM
    • 1,718 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    isasmurf
    Interesting that II customers will be moved on to the TD Direct platform. I presume this means they've abandoned the beta of their new platform.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 7th Jun 17, 2:36 PM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    Interesting that II customers will be moved on to the TD Direct platform. I presume this means they've abandoned the beta of their new platform.
    Originally posted by isasmurf
    Hi....Where have you seen confirmation of this?

• isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 7th Jun 17, 2:42 PM
    • 1,718 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    isasmurf
    Hi....Where have you seen confirmation of this?
    Originally posted by cloud_dog
    http://www.iii.co.uk/important-information

Q. What impact will this deal have on II customers?

A.There will be no immediate change for II customers and you do not need to take any action. Later this year we will bring all customers together on a single investing platform that combines the strengths of each service, with some new enhancements. To do this we’ll be upgrading the technology platform used by TD Direct Investing customers today and moving II customers to that platform
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 7th Jun 17, 2:56 PM
    • 2,481 Posts
    • 2,230 Thanks
    JohnRo
    I'm reserving judgement and hoping the upgraded platform and new enhancements are going to be led by the TD back office. I am expecting the result of all this to be retrograde for existing TD customers but prepared to wait and see. With luck there might be a pleasant surprise.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
    • MPN
    • By MPN 7th Jun 17, 3:13 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    MPN
    So TD Direct customers will be moving to a flat fee as per ii customers. Interesting, so could this start other platforms cutting their price especially as Vanguard are now also in the market?

I think HL, BestInvest and Fidelity in particular will surely have to act?
    • Sean473
    • By Sean473 7th Jun 17, 5:31 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Sean473
    So TD Direct customers will be moving to a flat fee as per ii customers. Interesting, so could this start other platforms cutting their price especially as Vanguard are now also in the market?

I think HL, BestInvest and Fidelity in particular will surely have to act?
    Originally posted by MPN
    I'm not a fan of a flat fee... Especially the retarded £10 fee for fund trades that II seem to have... I rather prefer basically unlimited fund trades with a % based fee... Hopefully the prices are competitive or I'm moving to HL...
    • LHW99
    • By LHW99 7th Jun 17, 6:23 PM
    • 992 Posts
    • 850 Thanks
    LHW99
    I'm not a fan of a flat fee... Especially the retarded £10 fee for fund trades that II seem to have... I rather prefer basically unlimited fund trades with a % based fee... Hopefully the prices are competitive or I'm moving to HL...
    I don't trade much, mainly for rebalancing so flat fee suits me. I've crunched my numbers (thanks Snowman) and II seems pretty much the best for me going forward.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 7th Jun 17, 9:43 PM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    I don't trade much, mainly for rebalancing so flat fee suits me. I've crunched my numbers (thanks Snowman) and II seems pretty much the best for me going forward.
    Originally posted by LHW99
    The OH doesn't hold OIECs/UTs and pays zero platform charge so I (OH) will defiantly be moving the account if II fixed price charging structure is adopted.

• JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 7th Jun 17, 10:03 PM
    • 2,481 Posts
    • 2,230 Thanks
    JohnRo
    ... Hopefully the prices are competitive or I'm moving to HL...
    Originally posted by Sean473
    Talk about frying pan, fire. There are reasons to move to HL but fund charges is not one of them.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 7th Jun 17, 10:04 PM
    • 23,647 Posts
    • 13,778 Thanks
    xylophone
    so I (OH) will defiantly be moving the account
    That'll show 'em....
    • Sean473
    • By Sean473 7th Jun 17, 10:45 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Sean473
    Talk about frying pan, fire. There are reasons to move to HL but fund charges is not one of them.
    Originally posted by JohnRo
    It's the trading prices... I've done an average of 10 trades the last 3 weeks...A flat trading fee doesn't work for me..
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 7th Jun 17, 10:53 PM
    • 2,481 Posts
    • 2,230 Thanks
    JohnRo
    Yes I understand but you can do that for no cost and nearly half the HL annual percentage charge on funds at several annual percentage fee charging brokers.

HL are expensive, they're good but they're expensive, at least where fund charges are concerned.
    • Sean473
    • By Sean473 8th Jun 17, 10:04 AM
    • 71 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Sean473
    Yes I understand but you can do that for no cost and nearly half the HL annual percentage charge on funds at several annual percentage fee charging brokers.

HL are expensive, they're good but they're expensive, at least where fund charges are concerned.
    Originally posted by JohnRo
    You mean platform fees.. Fund charges wise, HL have negotiated discounts with several supermarkets... I'm not saying that they're the only option, there are others like Charles Stanley Direct etc too which would be good replacements...

For now, I have no intention of moving.. If I knew of this purchase before transferring to TD, would have gone elsewhere... Too late now..
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 8th Jun 17, 10:10 AM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    That'll show 'em....
    Originally posted by xylophone
    I'm sure our own individual vote has zero bearing on the election but we all (sic) do it. Apathy is not an excuse.

• badger09
    • By badger09 8th Jun 17, 12:15 PM
    • 5,579 Posts
    • 4,888 Thanks
    badger09
    I'm sure our own individual vote has zero bearing on the election but we all (sic) do it. Apathy is not an excuse.
    I think xylophone was drawing attention to your spelling, rather than your intention to move
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 8th Jun 17, 1:27 PM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    I think xylophone was drawing attention to your spelling, rather than your intention to move
    Originally posted by badger09
    Oh poo. My apologies to Xylophone

• badger09
    • By badger09 8th Jun 17, 4:01 PM
    • 5,579 Posts
    • 4,888 Thanks
    badger09
    Oh poo. My apologies to Xylophone
    I'm sure xylophone wasn't expecting an apology.

I know how difficult it is for some canines to type accurately. We mustelidae have similar issues
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 8th Jun 17, 7:44 PM
    • 23,647 Posts
    • 13,778 Thanks
    xylophone
    I'm sure xylophone wasn't expecting an apology.
    Absolutely not!
    • Nerdlinger
    • By Nerdlinger 9th Jun 17, 4:44 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Nerdlinger
    from TD website forwardslash customer-information?

"We believe that customers should be charged clear and fair prices based on how they invest. We will introduce a fixed fee per customer for our standard trading and investing services which will be held as a credit towards trade commissions for buying and selling. When that credit has been used we will charge a simple, low commission for each trade you place."

It might seem churlish to switch because of a £80pa fee on an infrequently traded £600k ISA share portfolio but I work out my annual allowance as being 1/40th of the value so £80 would be half a percent of my income. Goodbye TD and II.

I'm confident I can ignore IG's spreadbetting temptations and I can't find any better options unless anyone here can point to one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

1,645Users online

Martin's Twitter