Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ed44
    • By ed44 12th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 29Thanks
    ed44
    TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor 12th Oct 16 at 8:44 PM
    https://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/interactive-investor-acquires-td-direct/

http://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/special-pages/customer-information/?_ga=1.259966666.1942136220.1414500024

No change to the TD service in the short term.
    Last edited by ed44; 12-10-2016 at 9:05 PM. Reason: changed link
Page 10
    • TCA
    • By TCA 15th Sep 17, 7:54 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 752 Thanks
    TCA
    We don’t charge to transfer your holdings or a closure fee*.

*On closure of an ISA account you will be charged the Stock and Shares ISA Account Fee.
    Originally posted by tusk
    That reads a bit contradictory but I interpret that to mean you pay your existing account fees pro-rata to date of closure. If you don't pay any ongoing account fees, you won't be charged anything. It's talking about account fees due (and unpaid) not closure fees.
    Last edited by TCA; 15-09-2017 at 8:00 PM.
    • tusk
    • By tusk 15th Sep 17, 8:48 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    tusk
    @TCA,
    Agreed. Probably cynical me looking for hidden charges and finding them
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 18th Sep 17, 2:09 PM
    • 2,458 Posts
    • 2,213 Thanks
    JohnRo
    I've closed TD accounts, both GIA and ISA in the past and not been charged anything, so unless that's changed (it hasn't) there is no explicit charge for account closure.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 4th Oct 17, 11:41 AM
    • 7,578 Posts
    • 8,180 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    Just had an email, the "engine" they will be using when the merge happens will be the TD direct one, so no change on user interface if you are a TD Direct user, other than the branding will change to Interactive Investor.

No word on the new pricing model yet.

Hmmm ... the email says "please add your phone number"

So, in I go, select update personal details, select update contact details ....

A system error has occurred.

Unfortunately the system has encountered a problem that it could not resolve.
    We are very sorry for the inconvenience, please try again later.
    Last edited by AnotherJoe; 04-10-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 4th Oct 17, 12:43 PM
    • 6,157 Posts
    • 5,283 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

did you watch the wee video about Rates & Charges?

It says quarterly commission credit can be rolled over if unused, yet my notification, from II, regarding next quarterly payment states:

Our £20 quarterly charge is due and will be taken from your account on Saturday, 7 October 2017. When collecting the fee we will apply £20 of commission credit to your account. This credit can be used against real time trades, regular investments and dividend reinvestments. Any remaining commission credit from the current quarter will expire.

It has always been this way since I switched.

So are TD Direct clients getting a sweetener to stay?
    Last edited by frugalmacdugal; 04-10-2017 at 4:20 PM.
    Y'all take care now.
    • smoulder
    • By smoulder 4th Oct 17, 3:46 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    smoulder
    I got an email from TD Direct explaining that they will be enacting the III fee structure:
    https://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/future-of-ii/rates-and-charges

I see a few people above were considering IG.com. Did anyone switch? Any info on how the IG platform compares?

Edit: Missed Nerdlinger's comments in post #161 - thanks!
    Last edited by smoulder; 04-10-2017 at 4:01 PM.
    • Treesie
    • By Treesie 4th Oct 17, 4:55 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Treesie
    I have a dilemma, I don't like the new Smart Barc setup and I'd like to move my TD a/cs. Why can't I seem to find somewhere half decent at a decent cost? I already have an a/c with AJB and feel HL charges are too high and their Trustpilot reviews leave a little to be desired.
    • Treesie
    • By Treesie 4th Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Treesie
    I got an email from TD Direct explaining that they will be enacting the III fee structure:

I see a few people above were considering IG.com. Did anyone switch? Any info on how the IG platform compares?

Edit: Missed Nerdlinger's comments in post #161 - thanks!
    Originally posted by smoulder
    I do have an IG account but for SB. Not sure they do trailing stops if you want them.
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 4th Oct 17, 6:05 PM
    • 6,157 Posts
    • 5,283 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

I emailed II about the unused commission roll over and got this reply:

'I can confirm this will be our new pricing structure and this will also apply to Interactive Investor customers'

So, I'll wait and see what happens.
    Y'all take care now.
    • darkidoe
    • By darkidoe 4th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 1,008 Thanks
    darkidoe
    I am considering transfering my ISA to the IG Platform vs IWeb.

Can anyone confirm that IG does not have a ongoing holding fee or annual fee just the trading fee depending on activity?

Save 12K in 2017 # 9 £11,119.65/15 000 (74%)
    Save 12K in 2016 # 8 £19 721.58/12 000 (164.35%) Achieved!
    • tg99
    • By tg99 4th Oct 17, 7:09 PM
    • 522 Posts
    • 221 Thanks
    tg99
    I am considering transfering my ISA to the IG Platform vs IWeb.

Can anyone confirm that IG does not have a ongoing holding fee or annual fee just the trading fee depending on activity?
    Originally posted by darkidoe
    The sharedealing account has no annual or holding fee, just the trading fee, though from memory I think they might have a charge if there is no activity on your account for a while. Pretty sure same applies for ISA though worth checking on their website as they have also just brought out new T&C. For info they were not set up for automatic dividend reinvestment last time I checked. On plus side fx conversion fee of 0.3% decent if you are buying overseas shares or say U.K. listed $ share classes of ETFs. Also may still have their cashback offer for transferring accounts to them.
    • smoulder
    • By smoulder 4th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    smoulder
    The sharedealing account has no annual or holding fee, just the trading fee, though from memory I think they might have a charge if there is no activity on your account for a while.
    Originally posted by tg99
    Yeah, but it seems easy enough to avoid the inactivity fee if you have some dividend-paying investments:

"Inactivity fee: £12 per month, charged if you have no activity across any IG account for 24 consecutive months. Dividend payments count as activity."

https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/share-dealing/costs-fees
    • darkidoe
    • By darkidoe 4th Oct 17, 11:16 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 1,008 Thanks
    darkidoe
    Yeah, but it seems easy enough to avoid the inactivity fee if you have some dividend-paying investments:

"Inactivity fee: £12 per month, charged if you have no activity across any IG account for 24 consecutive months. Dividend payments count as activity."

https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/share-dealing/costs-fees
    Originally posted by smoulder
    Ahh that's a non-issue then. The IG website seems pleasant enough to navigate around. I am still waiting to hear more specific details about the charges ii will be implementing first.

Save 12K in 2017 # 9 £11,119.65/15 000 (74%)
    Save 12K in 2016 # 8 £19 721.58/12 000 (164.35%) Achieved!
    • griffb
    • By griffb 5th Oct 17, 9:51 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    griffb
    Back to square 1. Started with ii then moved to TD (Natwest branded) because of ii's charges Stayed with TD when Natwest pulled out and have been happy with them. No admin charges because of portfolio size, and I rarely trade as it's primarily an income portfolio, so any admin fees are unwelcome, to say the least, even if they are notionally used to pay dealing commissions.
    Reading the comments here it seems that iWeb and IG are the main contenders, so I'm off to have a look at their reviews

BTW I am also getting the "system error" message when trying to update personal details on TD. There's no message on the maintenance status page and no response to my email from yesterday
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 6th Oct 17, 9:52 AM
    • 7,578 Posts
    • 8,180 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    Back to square 1. Started with ii then moved to TD (Natwest branded) because of ii's charges Stayed with TD when Natwest pulled out and have been happy with them. No admin charges because of portfolio size, and I rarely trade as it's primarily an income portfolio, so any admin fees are unwelcome, to say the least, even if they are notionally used to pay dealing commissions.
    Reading the comments here it seems that iWeb and IG are the main contenders, so I'm off to have a look at their reviews

BTW I am also getting the "system error" message when trying to update personal details on TD. There's no message on the maintenance status page and no response to my email from yesterday
    Originally posted by griffb
    I had a response on the 4th saying try again "in 24 to 48 hours".

Its currently still broken.

Being unable to do something as basic update contact details after mailing all of your customers telling them to update contact details, and still not be able to fix it 2 days later, is an epic fail and worrying about what else they might screw up.
    • griffb
    • By griffb 6th Oct 17, 11:05 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    griffb
    I had a response on the 4th saying try again "in 24 to 48 hours".

Its currently still broken.

Being unable to do something as basic update contact details after mailing all of your customers telling them to update contact details, and still not be able to fix it 2 days later, is an epic fail and worrying about what else they might screw up.
    Originally posted by AnotherJoe
    I've still had no response. Academic now as I have just started the ball rolling to transfer to IG. I had only just completed the Trading Account opening, and was about to start on the ISA when I got a "welcome" phone call, and had a nice 5 minute chat. Quite impressed so far, though the platform takes a bit of getting used to.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 9th Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    • 7,578 Posts
    • 8,180 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    .... still broken.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 9th Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    • 3,254 Posts
    • 1,815 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    .... still broken.
    Originally posted by AnotherJoe
    Ah, so II.

The more they change the more they stay the same
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
    • TCA
    • By TCA 23rd Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 752 Thanks
    TCA
    I'm not sure if I just missed this before, but I see the new terms of service and pricing have been announced, effective from 11th December:

https://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/future-of-ii?

Rates and charges:

• JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 23rd Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    • 2,458 Posts
    • 2,213 Thanks
    JohnRo
    I got the email on the 4th October, looks like they're going to knobble a few unwary TD customers with their charges before the new ISA season starts. They're not exactly shouting it loud and clear.

I'd hoped to escape their clutches FoC so it looks like I'll have to start transfer proceedings to IG sooner rather than later.

We’re confident that you’ll be happy with our enhanced service and are pleased to confirm that there will be no transfer out fees for existing TD Direct Investing customers until at least 1st October 2018. So you’ll have plenty of time to try it out and make sure it’s right for you, with the freedom to leave if it isn’t
    I'd foolishly misunderstood this statement as implying no changes to the charging structure for TD customers until that date.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,865Posts Today

9,183Users online

Martin's Twitter