Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mystic_bertie
    • By mystic_bertie 12th Oct 16, 6:33 PM
    • 470Posts
    • 48Thanks
    mystic_bertie
    0 WOW
    Quality Leather Sofa's Without Interest Free Credit (fast delivery preferred)
    • 12th Oct 16, 6:33 PM
    0 WOW
    Quality Leather Sofa's Without Interest Free Credit (fast delivery preferred) 12th Oct 16 at 6:33 PM
    Im looking to buy a leather sofa soon but it seems everywhere has interest free finance on everything they sell, obviously the interest is bundled into the price of the sofa so a £1000 sofa is not really worth £1000. The last time i tried to get discount for paying cash for a sofa it did not work.

Is there anywhere i can go to buy a good quality leather sofa which does not do these finance deals, also i would prefer it if they had a couple of weeks delivery rather than 2 to 3 months.

Buying second hand is more appealing but most seem to be a bit saggy.
Page 1
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 12th Oct 16, 7:51 PM
    • 1,818 Posts
    • 3,015 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 12th Oct 16, 7:51 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 7:51 PM
    "Interest free" means exactly that. They are not allowed to charge different prices for credit and cash buyers. Tried it, know that.
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 12th Oct 16, 8:03 PM
    • 6,528 Posts
    • 4,877 Thanks
    daveyjp
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:03 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:03 PM
    Avoid the big sheds if you don't want finance deals.
    • mystic_bertie
    • By mystic_bertie 12th Oct 16, 8:22 PM
    • 470 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    mystic_bertie
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:22 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:22 PM
    cheers guys

i have discovered Next do certain styles and colours on 4 day delivery, the leather colours tend to be tan or dark brown. Its probably worth visiting one of the stores for a look.
    • mystic_bertie
    • By mystic_bertie 15th Oct 16, 3:55 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    mystic_bertie
    • 15th Oct 16, 3:55 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 3:55 AM
    i got one ordered from next , got £20 off as a friend referal and £46 cashback on quidco, its better than nothing
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 17th Oct 16, 10:16 AM
    • 1,083 Posts
    • 1,409 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:16 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:16 AM
    If you want something good quality then it's unlikely to have a short lead time. Not impossible - but companies will likely only keep stock of their best sellers, and their best sellers aren't likely to be their top quality models they're more likely to be budget.

I happen to work at a place that sells these items, and that's exactly what we do. And we keep an eye on our competition - they do it too.

As for finance, we actually make a loss on it.We much prefer people pay up front. But we have to offer it, or we will not make the sales.
    (And we cannot offer lower prices for cash purchases because as Smodlet said, it then wouldn't be interest free for the finance purchasers and we could get in trouble)
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Oct 16, 5:04 PM
    • 9,690 Posts
    • 6,506 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:04 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:04 PM
    John Lewis will have stock or shorter lead times than most. Our last sofa from them was delivered inside 7 days.

If you cannot do JL store prices you might be able to negotiate a small discount at your local store or better still visit their outlet (Swindon) if you are able. They deliver (chargeable) from Swindon and prices are up to 70% off. Stock is from the shop floor (ex display or returns for unwanted orders).
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,847Posts Today

6,562Users online

Martin's Twitter