Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Trazy
    • By Trazy 12th Oct 16, 4:48 PM
    • 2,689Posts
    • 7,548Thanks
    Trazy
    DLA and PIP help please
    • 12th Oct 16, 4:48 PM
    DLA and PIP help please 12th Oct 16 at 4:48 PM
    I am in the process of changing over from DLA to PIP

On Tuesday (yesterday) I got an unexpected payment from DLA so rang them to enquire about it. They said that they have received information that my PIP decision has been made so the payment was for DLA to date to close my claim with them. They couldn't tell me any information and said to ring PIP.

I called PIP yesterday and again today and they cannot tell me the decision as it isn't on their system.

I'm confused about what to do next.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. - Mark Twain

Nappies and government ministers need to be changed frequently and for the same reason
Page 1
    • nannytone
    • By nannytone 12th Oct 16, 5:08 PM
    • 11,534 Posts
    • 16,781 Thanks
    nannytone
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:08 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:08 PM
    i don't know, but i THINK it is a positive sign because if you are refused PIP you get a 4 week run on of DLA before payment stops.

so a final payment would indicate to me that your next payment would be PIP instead
    • Trazy
    • By Trazy 12th Oct 16, 8:24 PM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 7,548 Thanks
    Trazy
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:24 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:24 PM
    Thank you nannytone x

Nappies and government ministers need to be changed frequently and for the same reason
    • Trazy
    • By Trazy 13th Oct 16, 4:26 PM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 7,548 Thanks
    Trazy
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:26 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:26 PM
    I've just had a call back from PIP and they have confirmed what you said Nannytone, thankfully my claim is the same as before.

Thank you x

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,294Posts Today

6,541Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted to see the House of Lords taking up to cudgels to fight the disgraceful retrospective hike in student loa? https://t.co/buXWSlgXoj

• RT @politicshome: Cabinet splits on foreign students re-emerge as Amber Rudd admits there are 'differing views' https://t.co/XYivypL5Cc htt?

• For me capping the number of legitimate foreign Uni students is a mistake. Its one of our strong exports & boosts UK soft power around world

• Follow Martin