Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tom_pash333
    • By tom_pash333 12th Oct 16, 4:38 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tom_pash333
    Have i been conned?
    • 12th Oct 16, 4:38 PM
    Have i been conned? 12th Oct 16 at 4:38 PM
    i cant remember who i went through to claim back PPI on an loan and store cards. i received all relevant paper work to fill out and send off and was told i should hear something within 6 weeks, that was at the beginning of august and i still haven't heard anything.
    Have i been conned in some way?
Page 1
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 12th Oct 16, 4:53 PM
    • 1,818 Posts
    • 3,014 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 12th Oct 16, 4:53 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 4:53 PM
    If you are using a PPI reclaiming firm instead of doing it yourself, you have been conned as you will pay them a significant chunk of/all of/more than you receive for the privilege. They do nothing you could not do yourself. Read the main board on this subject: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    Last edited by Smodlet; 12-10-2016 at 5:01 PM.
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Oct 16, 4:59 PM
    • 9,395 Posts
    • 9,231 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Oct 16, 4:59 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 4:59 PM
    Have i been conned in some way?
    Originally posted by tom_pash333
    No. Self inflicted, unfortunately.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    • 85,141 Posts
    • 50,152 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    The firm you are complaining about will write to you within a few days of receiving your complaint. They will outline the complaints process and make you aware of the FOS. That is the first letter they send.

When they resolve your complaint, they send another letter. If the complaint is going to take longer than 8 weeks to resolve, they will send out a holding letter. This may get repeated a number of times depending on how long it will take.

So, if you have heard nothing, as you say, then it would appear the firm have not received your complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 12th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    • 1,818 Posts
    • 3,014 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 12th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    The way I read the OP's post, I don't think any complaint has been made yet... they don't seem to know who to complain to, from what I can gather.
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • tom_pash333
    • By tom_pash333 18th Oct 16, 11:27 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tom_pash333
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:27 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:27 AM
    Thanks for the reply, are damn it! wish i could remember who they were!
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 19th Oct 16, 1:30 PM
    • 9,133 Posts
    • 5,580 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    • 19th Oct 16, 1:30 PM
    • 19th Oct 16, 1:30 PM
    I suggest you contact the lenders and see if they have received a complaint yet.

If so, ask who from. If not tell them that you are rescinding all authority for CMCs and wish to complain yourself.

Make sure this is all in writing (e-mail will do) and keep copies. Then, when the CMC comes calling for its share you can put in a complaint that it didn't actually do anything.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

6,046Users online

Martin's Twitter