Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Duncan Nimock
    • By Duncan Nimock 12th Oct 16, 4:00 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 10Thanks
    Duncan Nimock
    Cockhedge Parking Fine
    • 12th Oct 16, 4:00 PM
    Cockhedge Parking Fine 12th Oct 16 at 4:00 PM
    Hi new to this recently had a PCN sent to me. My wife parked at the Cockhedge on 5/9/2016 and stayed 3 hours 32 minutes. On trying to pay the charge she had problems typing in her registration number - the machine wouldn't accept it. She thinks it eventually accepted it but was unsure what time she had arrived and overestimated, correctly , how long she had been there - she thought just under 4 hours . There was a man by the machine wearing a hi vis - she assumed this was the car park attendant who asked her if she was having problems to which she replied yes - she was still trying to get the machine to accept her reg number at this point. She was with her mother aswell and the man asked her what time she arrived - she told him about 10:45 - he said that the charge was therefore £4 - she then got her change out - she had £3, her mum gave her the other pound and she then paid the £4 ( note that this is the correct amount ) but the machine gave no ticket ( not sure if it should ? ) and did not reject her money. She then left the car park in the car. The PCN states that there was not appropriate parking time purchased or the vehicle remained longer than permitted ( neither of which is true ).

How can we prove that the correct payment was made? I've already sent an appeal to Parking Eye using the template on the NEWBIES page on here - have had no acknowledgement from Parking Eye but have had a reminder from them to pay before 14/10/2016 to get the discount. It also states on this reminder that PrkingEye v Beavis was won by Parking Eye - its almost as if they have read my appeal ignored it and sent this bullying reminder. My wife is adamant that she paid correctly but when she was having problems entering the reg number there was no info or help anywhere to be seen as what to do next - it was only the man in the hi-vis that offered help - as I said she assumed he was the car park attendant or possibly a Cockhedge Member of staff. Have asked the Cockhedge centre who legally owns the car park and have no response.

Please help - surely if cameras are used to record number plates entering and leaving then they should be tied to the ticket machines which should also work and provide a receipt for when payment is correctly paid - there should also be some sort of help shown for when the machines are not working properly.
Page 2
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 13th Oct 16, 11:36 AM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 2,731 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    PE do use wardens in a minority of places .... as in Seel St Liverpool...

unless its a sheared location ?

Ralph
    • Duncan Nimock
    • By Duncan Nimock 13th Oct 16, 4:45 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Duncan Nimock
    Yep, hence why my first quesition these days to ParkingEye victims at appeal stage is as above, does their PCN have a blank space/nowt about the POFA.

Hooray - note to everyone, we are seeing a lot of these and need to ask OPs every time! These should be slam dunk wins at POPLA stage.

You will win if we get POPLA right and you appeal ONLY as the keeper, not replying if they write & ask who was driving. You will win because there will be no evidence that the appellant keeper at POPLA stage was the driver liable.

Simple as that (should be). PE might give up at POPLA stage when they see a decent appeal.

Count yourself lucky for a late PCN with no keeper liability possible - two questions:

- this isn't a hire car, is it? If so we'd need slightly different POPLA wording for you.

- what was the event date and what was the 'date issued?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

Hi thanks for that - it isn't a hire car - I am the registered keeper - my wife was driving.

- event date was 05/09/2016 ( arrival time 10:51 dep time 14:23 ) - date issued is 30/09/2016 - this appears to be well past the 14 days - we only received the PCN in the post last week.
    • paulstevens64
    • By paulstevens64 13th Oct 16, 5:15 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    paulstevens64
    Do not say who was driving!!!!!

Edit your post now
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Oct 16, 11:34 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,449 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Doesn't matter as the OP has not given the name & address of his wife. He'll win at POPLA.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Duncan Nimock
    • By Duncan Nimock 14th Oct 16, 6:53 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Duncan Nimock
    Doesn't matter as the OP has not given the name & address of his wife. He'll win at POPLA.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

Will Parking Eye respond to my first appeal to them? What happens next?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Oct 16, 7:13 AM
    • 11,015 Posts
    • 16,449 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Will Parking Eye respond to my first appeal to them? What happens next?
    Originally posted by Duncan Nimock
    They have 35 days to do so.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Duncan Nimock
    • By Duncan Nimock 14th Oct 16, 5:43 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Duncan Nimock
    They have 35 days to do so.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas

OK will post again when I receive it. Many thanks for everyones help so far.
    • Fumingfury
    • By Fumingfury 26th Oct 16, 11:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fumingfury
    Hi, sorry to hear of your predicament. We're in the same boat and I was wondering if you've had any success in your appeal? We paid for parking at Cockhedge. The machine gave us a receipt which unfortunately we didn't keep.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Oct 16, 11:28 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,449 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hi, sorry to hear of your predicament. We're in the same boat and I was wondering if you've had any success in your appeal? We paid for parking at Cockhedge. The machine gave us a receipt which unfortunately we didn't keep.
    Originally posted by Fumingfury
    He will win. Your case isn't the same, none are. We have a 'one case, one thread' rule which helps everyone to get bespoke advice.

You need to start your own thread because your PCN may not match the one with the blank space as shown in the earlier link. Start a new thread and tell us if it matches or if yours has the POFA /29 days/'keeper will be liable' wording.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• Duncan Nimock
    • By Duncan Nimock 1st Nov 16, 5:24 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Duncan Nimock
    Have now received my unsuccessful appeal from Parking Eye and I now have a POPLA ref. It states that their records that insufficient time was paid for on the date in question but offers no proof of this. They have also offered to extend the discount period for a further 14 days lol. Theres also an enclosed letter detailing how they won in court against Beavis. Also on the POPLA bit of the letter the grounds for appeal section, number 5 states " I was not the driver or the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the alleged improper parking". Can they still enforce this as the registered keeper after what was posted earlier on my thread?

What is the way forward now? Thanks for all your help so far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Nov 16, 8:22 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,449 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well you won't be using the POPLA letter because we write long appeals as a word document then upload it under 'OTHER' on the POPLA website (ONLY 'other').

You have no reason to worry, not they can't hold a keeper liable.

I was writing a POPLA appeal for a local contact so I've amended it for your case, all you need to do is add your POPLA code and name in the header, read it to check I've not misstated anything, then save it as a PDF and upload it to POPLA:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lukk13xep4s6ckz/Appeal%20v%20ParkingEye%20-%20POPLA%20November%202016.docx?dl=0

That can be adapted again and again for other cases - but points 1 and 2 are suitable only if a 'blank space' non-POFA NTK has been served later than day 14.

• Duncan Nimock
    • By Duncan Nimock 2nd Nov 16, 7:38 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Duncan Nimock
    Many thanks - will do as requested and let you know how I get on. Again many thanks- I'd never be able to come up with all the legal stuff that you've written on there. Joe Bloggs doesn't stand a chance against these companies unless he gets help!!
    • Duncan Nimock
    • By Duncan Nimock 2nd Nov 16, 4:15 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Duncan Nimock
    Do I need to attach a copy of the original PCN for POPLA?
    • Carthesis
    • By Carthesis 2nd Nov 16, 4:19 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    Carthesis
    Do I need to attach a copy of the original PCN for POPLA?
    No.

ParkingEye should provide that to POPLA as part of the evidence. You'll get chance to comment on their evidence submission, so all you need do is check it is an identical document (i.e. they haven't sneakily tried to submit a different version with compliant wording / dates etc.)

If they try this - obviously hammer them and hammer them hard.
    • Duncan Nimock
    • By Duncan Nimock 3rd Nov 16, 1:41 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Duncan Nimock
    Ok thanks for that.
    • Duncan Nimock
    • By Duncan Nimock 25th Nov 16, 8:11 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Duncan Nimock
    POPLA have sent a PDF document ( 48 pages! ) stating " Please find attached all information sent to POPLA in relation to the above reference number ". The PDF doesn't show the PDF attachment that I attached to my appeal to POPLA - is this normal?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 25th Nov 16, 8:50 PM
    • 11,015 Posts
    • 16,449 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You'll have received the PE evidence pack - it won't include anything you've sent in. You need to go through their 'evidence' and rebut anything that you dispute, or that is plainly wrong.

Anything you don't challenge may be deemed to be accepted by you, so a thorough examination is essential. The deadline for return of comments (no new evidence) is absolute - don't miss it.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Nov 16, 1:09 AM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,449 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    POPLA have sent
    POPLA have sent you nothing...look at the sender.

• Duncan Nimock
    • By Duncan Nimock 26th Nov 16, 6:55 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Duncan Nimock
    Ah right yes see what you mean - what a sneaky email - the addy first bit is "no-reply.popla" followed by the parking eye bit - I thought it was from POPLA! 48 pages!! lol have checked the letters and they are the same as sent to me so at least they haven't changed it. They now state on the "evidence" paperwork that only 3 hours was paid for ( £3 ) not enough for the time stayed . This is the first time this has been stated by them anywhere! Fingers crossed that popla take on board that PE didn't follow the correct procedure.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 26th Nov 16, 8:14 AM
    • 11,015 Posts
    • 16,449 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You are going to go through this thoroughly and rebut all points raised by PE, because POPLA won't be going through it on your behalf.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

1,283Users online

Martin's Twitter