Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • citycity
    • By citycity 12th Oct 16, 2:06 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    citycity
    Flashpark Parking Ticket
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:06 PM
    Flashpark Parking Ticket 12th Oct 16 at 2:06 PM
    Hi,

I've received a flashpark parking ticket two weeks ago!
    The charge was in relation to visiting my friend who is a tenant in a flat.

My friend said I was able to park in this open space just before their house. It does clearly have signs up with 24hr security, parking permits only etc... My friend said not to worry about them as there isn't any cameras and it's a space for Visitors!

Obviously I assumed nothing of it until I receive this letter from Flashpark! My friend said one of there neighbours must of reported it, but she said that noone has parking permits, and her friends park there all the time.

Where do I go from here? Can I explain the situation to them? Or will that make me liable as I didn't technically have the landlords permission! All the tenants do not have any permits, and it seeing as I had permission from someone who lives there surely it should be dismissed.

Alternatively if I ignore the letters would it really be worth their time taking me to court where I can present this argument?

If I write an appeals letter what could I put in there, as there was clearly signs up.

Cheers for any help
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 12th Oct 16, 2:10 PM
    • 6,747 Posts
    • 6,699 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:10 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:10 PM
    Flash park don't care about your situation, so any appeals based on fact will near-inevitably fail. They just want your money.

Depending on just what it says in the tenancy agreement, your friend may be able to bring considerable leverage on the management company who employ the PPC to get it cancelled but you would still be well advised to start reading the Newbies Sticky, carefully which will lay-out your options for fighting them.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Oct 16, 5:07 PM
    • 44,284 Posts
    • 57,004 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:07 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:07 PM
    If I write an appeals letter what could I put in there, as there was clearly signs up.

Cheers for any help
    Originally posted by citycity
    It seems you've missed 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' which has the template appeal submission for the registered keeper (NOT DRIVER!) to use, depending upon BPA or IPC membership.

That thread is a sticky one stuck near the top of this board, in capital letters (if I could paint it red, I would!). No link given to a sticky thread.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Oct 16, 5:15 PM
    • 4,804 Posts
    • 5,917 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:15 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:15 PM
    Hi,

I've received a flashpark parking ticket two weeks ago!
    The charge was in relation to visiting my friend who is a tenant in a flat.

My friend said I was able to park in this open space just before their house. It does clearly have signs up with 24hr security, parking permits only etc... My friend said not to worry about them as there isn't any cameras and it's a space for Visitors!

Obviously I assumed nothing of it until I receive this letter from Flashpark! My friend said one of there neighbours must of reported it, but she said that noone has parking permits, and her friends park there all the time.

Where do I go from here? Can I explain the situation to them? Or will that make me liable as I didn't technically have the landlords permission! All the tenants do not have any permits, and it seeing as I had permission from someone who lives there surely it should be dismissed.

Alternatively if I ignore the letters would it really be worth their time taking me to court where I can present this argument?

Cheers for any help
    As pogofish advises, the management is the key to this

"Flashing in the Park" need to listen to them. Demand it is cancelled
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • citycity
    • By citycity 20th Oct 16, 1:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    citycity
    • 20th Oct 16, 1:07 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 1:07 PM
    Would you advise me to remove the second paragraph on the newbie FAQ forum! It mentions about the fail of signage/large lettering, when I wouldn't have a leg to stand on as there are plenty! However if I'm more saying it wasn't me that was parked there I wouldn't know what signage there is there?!
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 20th Oct 16, 1:15 PM
    • 38,197 Posts
    • 76,386 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 20th Oct 16, 1:15 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 1:15 PM
    Would you advise me to remove the second paragraph on the newbie FAQ forum! It mentions about the fail of signage/large lettering, when I wouldn't have a leg to stand on as there are plenty! However if I'm more saying it wasn't me that was parked there I wouldn't know what signage there is there?!
    Leave it in. You need to compare it with the BPA CoP to see where it fails when you get to the PoPLA stage. They have to prove that it complies which I doubt that it does.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Oct 16, 3:21 PM
    • 44,284 Posts
    • 57,004 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Oct 16, 3:21 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 3:21 PM
    Nope, it's there because 'plenty of signs' does not mean clear, legible signs with the £100 charge in very large lettering - it's not enough just to have lots of small print signs up.

And a keeper would NOT know what was there but can still suggest the signs must have been inadequate. For the driver to have incurred a charge they cannot possibly have seen £100 clearly stated, can they - no-one would agree to that!

Stop worrying, the template first appeal does a job to get a POPLA code, where you will be attacking the signs in a big way, even if you never see them!

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• citycity
    • By citycity 29th Nov 16, 7:11 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    citycity
    • 29th Nov 16, 7:11 AM
    • 29th Nov 16, 7:11 AM
    I've had a response from Flash Park in regards to my appeals letter!
    It has been rejected on the grounds that:
    1. "You did not display a valid permit in accordance with the regulations stated on the warning notices displayed in clear and prominent locations around the parking area"
    2. "Neither the landowner nor Flashpark has issued you a permit to park in this area"

They have reduced the parking fee to £25 as a gesture of goodwill.

They have provide me a POPLA verification code...

What do you advise me to do, pay £25 or send another letter?
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 29th Nov 16, 7:41 AM
    • 1,944 Posts
    • 2,781 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 29th Nov 16, 7:41 AM
    • 29th Nov 16, 7:41 AM
    I've had a response from Flash Park in regards to my appeals letter!
    It has been rejected on the grounds that:
    1. "You did not display a valid permit in accordance with the regulations stated on the warning notices displayed in clear and prominent locations around the parking area"
    2. "Neither the landowner nor Flashpark has issued you a permit to park in this area"

They have reduced the parking fee to £25 as a gesture of goodwill.

Did they actually say "regulations"(a rule or directive made and maintained by an authority) that is naughty.

Flashpark is run by a Muppet that invented the "talking parking ticket".

I wouldn't pay this idiot a penny personally!

https://www.flashpark.co.uk/private-parking-tickets/talking.php
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 29th Nov 16, 10:19 AM
    • 9,813 Posts
    • 8,759 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Date of alleged contracention and date on Notice to Keeper please.
    • citycity
    • By citycity 29th Nov 16, 4:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    citycity
    They did mention "regulations" it does seem a bit ridiculous...
    Contravention date: 18/09
    DON: 23/09
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 29th Nov 16, 5:12 PM
    • 4,804 Posts
    • 5,917 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Did they actually say "regulations"(a rule or directive made and maintained by an authority) that is naughty.

Flashpark is run by a Muppet that invented the "talking parking ticket".

I wouldn't pay this idiot a penny personally!

https://www.flashpark.co.uk/private-parking-tickets/talking.php
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    And the muppet show continues with a video
    https://www.flashpark.co.uk/Press.aspx

About time they appeared on Watchdog's "Wall of Shame"
    Last edited by beamerguy; 29-11-2016 at 5:32 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 30th Nov 16, 9:08 PM
    • 44,284 Posts
    • 57,004 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

Neither.

POPLA time. Read the NEWBIES thread post #3.

• susieone
    • By susieone 13th Dec 16, 9:17 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    susieone
    flashpark ticket appeal
    my son was issued a PNC from flashpark who suddenly put up signs on an access road, which they claim belongs to the company next door. they now say it is for permit holders only. they took a picture with an ordinary camera. at the time there was no double lines these were painted the following week right up to the highway, I got a copy of the land registry. the company don't own the 1.5metres from the road, This is were my son had parked. so I told Bristol Council who confirmed they had put lines on the highway and would tell them to erase them. I appealed the ticket on the grounds that they issued a PCN on land not belonging to them and that this was illegal. I also said the lines clearly were not there when the photo was taken, therefore they could not determine were the parking starts or finishes. I also asked for calibration certificate of the camera used as a digital can be manipulated with date.
    The appeal has been rejected and told to go to POPLA however they would reduce the £85 to £25 if pay in next 7 days. I attached all the evidence and copies of email from Bristol Council and Land registry. the looks like it is probably a standard letter.
    any comments would be welcome. I was going to ask for a copy of the agreement between landlord and flashpark (under the freedom of information act)
    • susieone
    • By susieone 13th Dec 16, 9:23 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    susieone
    I have had the same letter reducing the fine. after refusing appeal. cant believe these people. see all the evidence I sent to them and they still don't get it.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Dec 16, 9:51 AM
    • 11,827 Posts
    • 18,036 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    They have accessed your details from the DVLA without any reasonable cause. You need to email complaints to the DVLA and BPA that they are ticketing on the public highway (especially if you have written confirmation from the council - attach a copy to the emails) and ask that they issue sanction points to Flashpark.

Now rather than them offering you a reduced settlement, you should be forwarding them an invoice for a minimum of £250 for their breach of the DPA in accessing and processing your data without reasonable cause.

Here are a couple of links to read:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/liverpool-business-park-motorist-wins.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/smart-parking-settle-out-of-court-for.html

And read the appeal court case of Vidal-Hall v Google (yep, Google it!) where a judge found that pecuniary damages were £750.

Before you ask, there are no template letters, but if you do a search on PePiPoo, regular contributor 'lynnzer' has been drafting some suggestions for people to use.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=60

Firing a warning shot across their bows might cause them to drop the case against you, put in your letter to them that should they force you to go through all the hoops to submit a POPLA appeal and you win, or if they withdraw after you have submitted that appeal, you will issue proceedings against them without fail.

You have to take a very bullish stand against these outfits, otherwise they will be in and out of your pocket in no time. Until very recently motorists had only the option of defending against them, but now the ability to go on the offensive and really hurt them is right here in front of you.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • susieone
    • By susieone 13th Dec 16, 2:41 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    susieone
    Thanks for comments much appreciated, seriously thought they would have thrown this out as I even attached Council Highways map showing the adopted road was theirs into the road by 1.5 metres. and the Land Registry Map.
    Can I issue Flashpark with the invoice as soon as I have complained to DVLA or do I have to wait until DVLA confirm my complaint is valid? and do I still have to continue with the appeal to POPLA in the meantime. sorry to be a pain but this has really wound me up now.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Dec 16, 3:09 PM
    • 6,641 Posts
    • 6,551 Thanks
    pappa golf
    you need POPLa to rule in your favour , after which flashparks are obliged to drop the case , at which point you go after them for getting your info without due cause (DPA)

AND report them to the DVLA for acting illigally (public road)

however , flashparks will back down before POPLa to save 1: embarrassment b: £27 ,
    Last edited by pappa golf; 13-12-2016 at 3:12 PM.
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Dec 16, 5:21 PM
    • 11,827 Posts
    • 18,036 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Thanks for comments much appreciated, seriously thought they would have thrown this out as I even attached Council Highways map showing the adopted road was theirs into the road by 1.5 metres. and the Land Registry Map.
    Can I issue Flashpark with the invoice as soon as I have complained to DVLA or do I have to wait until DVLA confirm my complaint is valid? and do I still have to continue with the appeal to POPLA in the meantime. sorry to be a pain but this has really wound me up now.
    Originally posted by susieone
    You do everything in parallel. The threat of further action might well cause them to drop you like a hot potato (but you still have up your sleeve the ability to sue them). But if they force you to go to POPLA (you need to get on with drafting that appeal in case Flashpark drag their heels in responding), and you win or they withdraw, you will sue them for putting you through the unnecessary hassle of having to deal with this when they had no case against you in the first place, and you've given them the evidence for that.

Why would you be asking the DVLA if your complaint is valid? The council is the authority on what is or is not the public highway. You tell us they have confirmed it as the public highway - that is your authority that you have a very valid complaint.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • susieone
    • By susieone 14th Dec 16, 9:16 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    susieone
    Sorry I'm a little confused now. (not hard) but do I inform flash park I am going to POPLA? and draft my appeal now for POPLA and get that sent straight away.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,603Posts Today

7,786Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @jaihy: @MartinSLewis thank you! Like so many, I hadn't claimed ppi. During the last series I filled in the form...£2,700 cheque in the?

• Check if you're owed, totally free tool to help here... https://t.co/2Oto4B86tq https://t.co/vOpsYU6b3g

• Today's twitter poll: If they made a rule to standardise chips in the UK - which of these four (I only get 4 options) would u want it to be?

• Follow Martin