Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Endors Toi
    • By Endors Toi 12th Oct 16, 2:20 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Endors Toi
    Willing to pay parking fine ParkingEye
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:20 PM
    Willing to pay parking fine ParkingEye 12th Oct 16 at 2:20 PM
    Hi all,

I've had enough and decided to just pay the parking fine from ParkingEye.

They have given my details to Debt Recovery Plus after my constant ignoring of their letters previously.

As the car is my fathers, and hes getting pretty !!!!ed off with the letters all being named to him, ive decided to just pay.

However, the debt was originally 50, which increased to 85 because I didnt pay within the two week window (or whatever it is).

Debt recovery plus sent a new letter saying it is now 145. I was wondering is there any way possible for me to just pay the original fine of 50? I was hoping of calling them and saying im willing to pay the original fine, but non of this rubbish on top

Could somebody please advise.

Page 1
    • Endors Toi
    • By Endors Toi 12th Oct 16, 2:21 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Endors Toi
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:21 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:21 PM
    I should note that the date of the first letter was 15/05/2016, so nearly 5 months has passed since the parking fine
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 12th Oct 16, 2:47 PM
    • 8,838 Posts
    • 13,390 Thanks
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:47 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:47 PM
    Why are you calling this a fine, when it's just an invoice?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 12th Oct 16, 2:59 PM
    • 6,042 Posts
    • 5,929 Thanks
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:59 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:59 PM
    Why are you wasting our time then?

If you are too lazy to even bother to read the Newbies Sticky and Debt Collector threads to get clued-up on how to deal with the jokers, hell-mend you!
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Oct 16, 3:00 PM
    • 4,680 Posts
    • 4,213 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th Oct 16, 3:00 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 3:00 PM
    ask yourself , why have PE passed this on to DR+ , there will be a flaw in their case , do you want to give more details , or are you going to pay a firm that do not abide by UK laws?

hell , they are so desperate , they are actually offering you 3 x monthly payments , so that you think they are nice EDIT: this was another case with PE today
    Last edited by pappa golf; 12-10-2016 at 6:02 PM.
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    • 765 Posts
    • 709 Thanks
    • 12th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    I'm not really sure what advice you want. You want to ring and offer a lower amount so why not just do that?
    This space for hire.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Oct 16, 3:38 PM
    • 5,357 Posts
    • 3,962 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Oct 16, 3:38 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 3:38 PM
    Why not get him to name you as the driver, you can then deal with them directly.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Oct 16, 4:22 PM
    • 3,849 Posts
    • 4,333 Thanks
    • 12th Oct 16, 4:22 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 4:22 PM
    For starters, DRP are a bunch of timewasters and you really should be ignoring them, they are powerless.

Don't deal or contact them in any way.

Do as the Deep says and get your father to name you as the driver, advise Parking Eye of this which will start the ball rolling again.

Once done, ensure you return here for help.

For goodness sake don't pay, you will be supporting scammers

• hoohoo
    • By hoohoo 12th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 1,560 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    PE generally only use DR+ when the debt in unenforceable - otherwise they take court action.

Was the NTK served within 14 days, and does it contain the magic words stating that the keeper will be pursued under the protection of freedoms act? If not, your father can discharge his liability by proving he was not the driver - no need to name the driver.

Otherwise, naming the driver is the best option.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 39,353 Posts
    • 50,905 Thanks
    Was this is Scotland or something? As hoohoo says, sending tedious letters is usually PE's 'Plan B' when there is no way they can claim the charge! You are about to offer money for nothing. Read this thread first:

You are surely NOT going to pay this are you?! Just because you are getting stoooopid DRP letters that we have ignored on this forum for a decade. Come on, we've all ignored them back in the day, before appeal existed as an option. People didn't pay them pre-POFA you know!

If not Scotland then is this Aldi? We've never seen PE sue re an Aldi site so we think they cannot, under the Aldi/Walmart contract.

Trying to work out why they've gone for Plan B. Letters then nothing!

Do not fall for it. If Dad is getting twitchy, then get the silly letters sent to your house instead and tell him you've 'dealt with it'. But if you are in Scotland don't go saying who was driving of course...that's the piece of the jigsaw not to give them.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 12-10-2016 at 5:54 PM.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

218Posts Today

1,395Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yay. Thank you for all your help Colin. Thankfully it's feeling a little better #lovelychap

• Going to try and see if it's possible. If not my 400 day run of never missing target will end :(

• Thank you for all your kind wishes.Not sure now if it's a hamstring tear now. Feels like very bad cramp in the back of my thigh

• Follow Martin