Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LittleMo51
    • By LittleMo51 12th Oct 16, 2:08 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LittleMo51
    Whats best new car insuance or short term
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:08 PM
    Whats best new car insuance or short term 12th Oct 16 at 2:08 PM
    I am buying a new car due shortly, I still have my old car and want to keep it for a while as have holiday booked and don't want the hassle before we go. I could just take out a new policy or a short term one for either car. The new on is brand new the old one is 8 years old.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    • 30,266 Posts
    • 14,361 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    Cheapest option would be to SORN the old car if you can park it off the road.

Temporary insurance is expensive if you are talking months, but may be cost effective for a very short time if you cannot SORN.

Also see if your insurer will cover the old car for a short time along with the new one till you dispose of it
    • LittleMo51
    • By LittleMo51 13th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LittleMo51
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    Thanks for that, I have already tried my insurance company but they won't insure 2 cars together and we are going away and I don't want to put a brand new car in the airport parking I think I may just put the new one away til I sell the old one when I get back.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,489Posts Today

6,420Users online

Martin's Twitter