Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • turnbull21
    • By turnbull21 12th Oct 16, 2:01 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 2Thanks
    turnbull21
    Illegal Tenancy
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:01 PM
    Illegal Tenancy 12th Oct 16 at 2:01 PM
    Last edited by turnbull21; 12-10-2016 at 2:45 PM. Reason: ...............................
Page 2
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 13th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    • 8,846 Posts
    • 11,846 Thanks
    Pixie5740

I removed my statements as I got the answers I wanted and the issue has now been resolved. Thread can now be closed if need be.

Originally posted by turnbull21
    This is a public forum where people give up their time to help others. Someone in the future might find themselves in the same predicament as you are in now but would struggle to find this thread because after you got the answers you wanted you decided to delete your posts. It's bad form and frankly, pretty selfish. Not to mention pointless since it will be cached somewhere.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 13th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    • 37,004 Posts
    • 40,913 Thanks
    G_M
    If you deleted your original post simply because you consider the issue resolved, can I suggest you reinstate it? And if I misinterpreted your motive for deletion, I apologise.

People do read 'old' threads which often relate to problems they have themselves. If someone else with an 'illegal tenancy' comes to the forum, they can learn from the thread, but only if it is there in its entirety.

Threads do not get 'closed'. They simply reach a point where no one makes further contributions, and then they remain as a historical record.
    • turnbull21
    • By turnbull21 13th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    turnbull21
    I will reinstate the original post no problem, I didn't mean to cause any issues with removing, just had my answers and thought nothing of it.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 13th Oct 16, 2:00 PM
    • 1,721 Posts
    • 1,404 Thanks
    cjdavies
    On the plus side you are too a tenant, you now know your rights.
    • By 45002 13th Oct 16, 5:07 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    Just Incase
    Not at all. My original hold up was due to the management company not releasing their yearly statements and insurances etc to the solicitors, which you would have seen if you snooped properly, but thanks for your concern...

I removed my statements as I got the answers I wanted and the issue has now been resolved. Thread can now be closed if need be.

So I can now thank the people who gave the relevant links etc, of which I have now read up on and learnt a few things, so thank you.
    by turnbull21
    No huff GM, as I just said, I got the answers I wanted, have read through the scenarios given and have learnt a few things, so thanks for your time.

No need for the clique or little comments, I've always thanked people for answering questions I have asked.
    by turnbull21
    Well I have had to relocate due to work, something I did not envisage, i'm sure I am not the only person this has happened to. I have spent 3 weeks out of the last 4 out of the country on work expeditions, but hey, lets all jump on the bandwagon and just abuse the OP?

I asked an honest question, got sent some links, read up on what I was advised to and removed my comments as I found my answers, what exactly have I done wrong here?

Not ready to be a LL? Sorry, do you know what insurances I have?
    by turnbull21
    I will reinstate the original post no problem, I didn't mean to cause any issues with removing, just had my answers and thought nothing of it.
    by turnbull21
    Just incase !
    • theartfullodger
    • By theartfullodger 13th Oct 16, 5:25 PM
    • 8,343 Posts
    • 10,899 Thanks
    theartfullodger
    Your lender can repossess the property as you have breached your contract: (consider, if your tenant breaches his contract - say not paying rent or damaging the place - you'd rightly expect to be able to repossess, and there are legal processes to do so).

Start trying to compromise with your lender: If they did repo the legal and other charges would be added to your debt...

Sigh! Why do people do these things (renting without permission, breaking contract) without thinking/taking advice 1st??

Sigh #2! Why do people think they can hide what they do on the Internet: Yes, especially those things..??
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 13th Oct 16, 9:17 PM
    • 20,760 Posts
    • 83,642 Thanks
    Davesnave
    There was something this poster wanted to hide from the Woolwich even before they granted the mortgage, if you read back into their posts.
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    Not at all. My original hold up was due to the management company not releasing their yearly statements and insurances etc to the solicitors, which you would have seen if you snooped properly, but thanks for your concern...
    Originally posted by turnbull21
    I didn't 'snoop,' I researched your posting history on this public forum.

You were asking if you could redact some items of expenditure in the bank statements you were about to supply to your mortgage lender.

You were advised that lenders do not like it if you act as if you have something to hide.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5464071
    'Only the mediocre are always at their best.' Jean Giraudoux
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

412Posts Today

2,652Users online

Martin's Twitter