Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• snagglepuss16
    • By snagglepuss16 12th Oct 16, 1:05 PM
    • 516Posts
    • 306Thanks
    Moving children's trust fund and junior ISA help
    • 12th Oct 16, 1:05 PM
    Moving children's trust fund and junior ISA help 12th Oct 16 at 1:05 PM
    Hi. I opened a trust fund for my son when he was born. Back then I knew very little so just went with the first option. It was passed on to several different providers ( company passed it on not me) it is now with one family.all monies go out via direct debit and it's a palava if he gets a cheque. So I opened up a normal kids saving account with rbs.
    Then when my daughter was born we opened a junior isa with lloyds. Which got transferred to tsb when it switched brands recently.
    Now our 3rd baby has been born I'm looking to open another savings.
    I would like some advice to which is good. And also can I move my 2 other kids accounts to a better one ( I hate tsb- it was my husbands bank)
    My son's account is called ctf non stakeholder opened 2009 and my daughters is just a junior ISA opened 2012
    Thanks. Sorry if it sounds a bit waffle!
    let he without sin cast the first stone
Page 1
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 12th Oct 16, 5:50 PM
    • 18,693 Posts
    • 10,536 Thanks
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:50 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:50 PM
    You can transfer from CTF to JISA.

See also

"25A.7 Subscriptions following a CTF to JISA transfer

25A.7.1 The annual subscription limits for a CTF are based on the child’s birth year while JISA subscriptions are based on tax years. Where a CTF is transferred to a JISA, the CTF provider does not need to pass any subscription details to the JISA manager. Once the transfer has been made, the child can access the full JISA subscription limit for the tax year of transfer regardless of any subscriptions made to the CTF.
    For example, the child’s birthday is 1 October so his CTF subscription year runs from 1 October to the following 30 September. The subscription limits for both a CTF and a JISA are £4080 and the CTF is transferred to a JISA on 1 December 2015. Subscriptions of up to £4080 could be made to the CTF between 1 October 2015 and 30 November 2015. Once the account has been transferred to a JISA, subscriptions of up to £4080 can be made between 1 December 2015 and 5 April
    2016. The JISA manager only has to report subscriptions he has received (after 1 December 2015)." this may be worth a look - other posters have given Charles Stanley a favourable mention.
    • snagglepuss16
    • By snagglepuss16 14th Oct 16, 7:18 PM
    • 516 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    • 14th Oct 16, 7:18 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 7:18 PM
    Thank you. Will have a look
    let he without sin cast the first stone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,766Posts Today

6,832Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin