Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • youMust
    • By youMust 12th Oct 16, 12:57 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    youMust
    CrystalLegal PPI cancellation fee's
    • 12th Oct 16, 12:57 PM
    CrystalLegal PPI cancellation fee's 12th Oct 16 at 12:57 PM
    Hello I hope someone can offer some advice.

My partner decided to check if she/we could get money back on a PPI when she was approached by crystal legal. I didnt pay much/any attention to it as shes always doing things online to earn .001p xD
    then there were loads of phone calls, missing info packs more info packs more calls. It was getting silly

We did have a loan a few years back but after six months my partner was injured and the PPI didnt pay at this point i cancelled it. must of paid as little as £40 although i dont remember.

So i said to my partner to just forget about it, so much agro for little back, it was silly.

now a letter has come through the door demanding £208 because the process has been canceled. I must pay within 14days?

I've just gotten my self dept free cant believe this!

any help will be greatly appreciated
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Oct 16, 1:43 PM
    • 85,120 Posts
    • 50,137 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Oct 16, 1:43 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 1:43 PM
    If you employ someone to do a job for you then they are entitled to be paid for that job. You were issued a contract and you signed it. Cancellation terms would have been in that contract. The figure of £208 seems reasonable.

The cheaper option will be not to cancel the contract and see it through the process. If the refund was £40 then they can take their cut of £40 and that will be the end of it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

429Posts Today

1,732Users online

Martin's Twitter