Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fwor
    • By fwor 12th Oct 16, 12:24 PM
    • 5,746Posts
    • 3,759Thanks
    fwor
    RCI Bank - second rate drop
    • 12th Oct 16, 12:24 PM
    RCI Bank - second rate drop 12th Oct 16 at 12:24 PM
    I guess savings accounts rate drops are not really news these days, but this one seems (to me) a little bit sneaky, because unless I've misunderstood the email, RCI have dropped their rate on the Freedom Savings Account twice in quick succession - perhaps in the hope that people will see the second notification and ignore it? Dunno, perhaps I just have a nasty suspicious mind.

Anyway, if I've understood it right, the rate goes from 1.44% to 1.2% this month, but it also drops from 1.2% to 1% right now for new customers, and in December for existing customers.

IMO that rate is nothing special - NS&I have as good a rate on their Income Bond which does not involve investing via what is essentially a foreign bank - so I personally plan to drop them.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

702Posts Today

5,052Users online

Martin's Twitter