Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 0700939W
    • By 0700939W 12th Oct 16, 11:59 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    0700939W
    0 WOW
    Amazon.com gift card help!
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:59 AM
    0 WOW
    Amazon.com gift card help! 12th Oct 16 at 11:59 AM
    Hi,
    Please bear with me as this is my first post on this site! I recently got married and a relative (who lives in NY) very kindly sent us a $500 gift card for amazon.com.
    I have looked into this and this means it can only be used for America. We should have a .co.uk.
    This means that the postage is huge, the voltage for electric items isn't correct and we may need to pay import tax too. Amazon can't do anything and I was thinking I should try and sell it and get the money? Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Lisa
Page 1
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 27th Oct 16, 6:37 AM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 27th Oct 16, 6:37 AM
    • 27th Oct 16, 6:37 AM
    Surprising that Amazon won't sort it for you - have you tried escalating it to a higher level?

Failing that, it should be easily saleable on ebay.com. Gift cards of this value sell for close to face value, or even, bizarrely, for more than face value. Take great care, though - there's a higher risk of fraud on sales like this, and you need to take suitable precautions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

277Posts Today

1,621Users online

Martin's Twitter