Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • *Lucky*
    • By *Lucky* 12th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    • 57Posts
    • 4Thanks
    *Lucky*
    eBay - "very good condition"
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    eBay - "very good condition" 12th Oct 16 at 11:38 AM
    I've been on ebay and bought a used leather handbag described as "in very good condition". The start price was quite high for a High Street bag, which led me to believe there was plenty of life left in the bag.

I'm very disappointed with the condition of the bag and I would not describe it as "very good". More like "high time to discard and replace it".

It smells musty.There are small white patches on the seams which look like leather mold. The buckles are tarnished. The leather piping on the 4 bottom corners has worn through. Inside the bag has residues of grit and fluff, like the seller has made no effort to clean it.

I don't want the mold to contaminate my nice Radley bags, so I have put it back in the plastic envelope.

I want to return it for a refund. How should I contact the seller? I'm surprised as she has 140 feedbacks 100% although most is buying, not selling.
Page 1
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 12th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    • 2,724 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 12th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    Just go into purchase history and open an case for Item Not As Described.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 12th Oct 16, 2:25 PM
    • 3,976 Posts
    • 3,473 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:25 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:25 PM
    You could contact the seller first. They may resolve it without you needing to open a case. If not do as above, you should get a pre-paid tracked returns label.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Oct 16, 2:52 PM
    • 57,708 Posts
    • 40,796 Thanks
    soolin
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:52 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:52 PM
    You could contact the seller first. They may resolve it without you needing to open a case. If not do as above, you should get a pre-paid tracked returns label.
    Originally posted by mrcol1000
    I agree, always talk to the seller first, some of us at every nice people and if we've oversold something we will go out of our way to rectify the situation.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • *Lucky*
    • By *Lucky* 14th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    *Lucky*
    • 14th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    I contacted the seller 6 days ago. No reply so I have opened a case.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,742Posts Today

5,849Users online

Martin's Twitter