Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sweet_Sugar_1984
    • By Sweet_Sugar_1984 12th Oct 16, 11:25 AM
    • 118Posts
    • 17Thanks
    Sweet_Sugar_1984
    0 WOW
    Lara/Side (Turkey) - Things to see and do
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:25 AM
    0 WOW
    Lara/Side (Turkey) - Things to see and do 12th Oct 16 at 11:25 AM
    Hi everyone, I just need some advice please.

We have booked last-minute flights to go to Antalya over the half term holidays. I will be travelling with my husband and three kids who are 7yrs 5yrs and 6 Months old. We will be staying for eight nights.

Our flight will be landing late at night in Antalya and so we have decided to go to Lara first. We are hoping to stay there in one of the all inclusive resorts and then we will move onto Side for a few nights.

The hotel we are thinking of booking in Lara is The Wind of Lara, and in Side we are looking at the Otium Eco Club.

Me and my husband are hoping to explore both Lara and Side and we don't want to be stuck in the hotel the whole time.

What are the must see places that we need to visit while we are in both Side and Lara?

We enjoy going to markets and visiting historical sights etc.

All recommendations will be helpful please as this is our first holiday abroad with the kids and we want to make the most of our time there.

Thanks!
Page 1
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 12th Oct 16, 12:12 PM
    • 5,947 Posts
    • 14,930 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    • 12th Oct 16, 12:12 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 12:12 PM
    It's a bit of a trip but the Pamukkale salt terraces are incredible - seriously bucket list worthy.
    My concern would be getting there & back with children unless a coach trip is organised (& one may well be - it is their *top* tourist attraction) & then just how much you appreciate Roman columns. You may well have as much if not more fun visiting local markets. (You are on the turquoise coast - haggling is absolutely part of the fun!)

This thread may have dated a bit, but is worth checking
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1509339

Seemingly you could skip packing quite a bit but take the suitcases then hit the Antalya bazaar but that may not be what you want to do.

Personally I'd plunk for a real Turkish bath almost as soon as I can get off the plane. It's a brilliant mixture of bath, massage & physio that'll leave you feeling unexpectedly fresh & limber - brilliant if you've done a bit too long sat in one position.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,319Posts Today

7,962Users online

Martin's Twitter