Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Garethjj7
    • By Garethjj7 12th Oct 16, 10:21 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Garethjj7
    How do I get things removed from my credit report
    • 12th Oct 16, 10:21 AM
    How do I get things removed from my credit report 12th Oct 16 at 10:21 AM
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me and give me some information on how to get things removed from my credit report?
    thanks
Page 1
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 12th Oct 16, 10:25 AM
    • 1,551 Posts
    • 3,749 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    • 12th Oct 16, 10:25 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 10:25 AM
    it depends on what the 'things' are. Are they incorrect?
  • National Debtline
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:36 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:36 AM
    Hi

As MallyGirl suggests, we’ll need more information on what you want to remove you’re your credit file and why before we can offer any advice.

James
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • Garethjj7
    • By Garethjj7 12th Oct 16, 12:44 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Garethjj7
    • 12th Oct 16, 12:44 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 12:44 PM
    It looks like I have a account in default with studio card, although I'm sure I never had an account with with them, I know my ex partner did but that was over ten years ago and that was in her name not mine
  • National Debtline
    • 12th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    If it’s for a debt that you dispute and you think it’s completely wrong you should be able to get it removed from your file. You can raise a dispute through the credit reference agency, and you can also contact the creditor directly.

There’s also the possibility of identity fraud, so if Studio are insisting it’s your debt request proof from them that you owe it. If there’s an agreement in your name but you’re sure you didn’t take it out you can report the fraud to Action Fraud.

Ultimately, if Studio will not correct your credit file you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO). Make sure you check your credit reference information held by Experian, Equifax and Call Credit to get the full picture.

James
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • jockpk
    • By jockpk 18th Oct 16, 5:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jockpk
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:59 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:59 PM
    I wish you luck, I have contacted all of those organisations above about 3 reports that should never have been on my file, 18 month later I still not got very far, as I am 75 years old I think they are stringing it out in the hope I will die soon to stop annoying them
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,948Posts Today

6,222Users online

Martin's Twitter