Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • retro.kid
    • By retro.kid 12th Oct 16, 9:01 AM
    • 47Posts
    • 28Thanks
    retro.kid
    Installation of Pyronix Enforcer Alarm System (Domestic Install)
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:01 AM
    Installation of Pyronix Enforcer Alarm System (Domestic Install) 12th Oct 16 at 9:01 AM
    Found a local, well recommended supplier for the installation of Pyronix Enforcer Grade 2 Wireless Alarm System.

From others who have had similar systems fitted, does this seem lie a fair quote?

x6 PIR's
    x3 Magnetic Door Contacts
    x1 Shock Sensor

x1 Control Panel
    x1 Lan Connector
    x1 Remote Keypad
    x2 Proximity Fobs
    x1 Active Siren
    x1 Dummy Siren

This was based on my spec, going no holds bar covering house for the creation of 4 zones that can be isolated independently.

LAN Connection connections system to internet and the Pyronix Cloud for secure app access via smartphone to monitor, check settings / status and arm / disarm remotely.

£700 + VAT supply and fit - including decommission of existing very old wired alarm system.

(£840 all in).

Annual Maintenance costs - £125+VAT (£150) which includes:

Subscription to Pyronix Cloud system
    Servicing of System including Replacement of all batteries annually
    24hr Call out including Parts + Labour

I'm aware i can buy cheaper systems and fit them myself - i started this exercise looking at Yale systems! However, i want a top end domestic system, professionally installed and the Pyronix seems to be a system of choice at the moment. I also want it maintained, so if wifey has issues when i'm not about, she can make a call to the experts.

Thanks in advance troops :-)
Page 1
    • krey
    • By krey 12th Oct 16, 1:35 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    krey
    • 12th Oct 16, 1:35 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 1:35 PM
    If you got a money to waste ,sure it's a ''good'' quote + £150 each year to replace batteries is even better deal!
    Go for it!
    did you fall for it because of the ''fancy'' words which doesn't actually means anything?

''LAN Connection connections system to internet and the Pyronix Cloud for secure app access via smartphone to monitor, check settings / status and arm / disarm remotely.''

this means, that it's connected wirelessly through a laggy app which they paid £100 to some Indian guy to develop with 3 functions.
    Last edited by krey; 12-10-2016 at 1:37 PM.
    • retro.kid
    • By retro.kid 12th Oct 16, 9:51 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    retro.kid
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:51 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:51 PM
    Thanks for the useful reply.
    • krey
    • By krey 14th Oct 16, 1:00 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    krey
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:00 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:00 AM
    So you wanted to hear total BS about how it is a decent system,and the price isn't too bad either?
    Because neither is true..
    • retro.kid
    • By retro.kid 14th Oct 16, 8:41 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    retro.kid
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:41 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:41 AM
    I did research Wireless Alarms before coming here - and the Pyronix Enforcer always seems to get a good review as a Grade II alarm with 833Mhz Two Way Wireless. Well respected amongst pro installers. Better write up than the Yale stuff for example.

If's not a decent Wireless system, what is then?

I'm not sure about the price, hence why i came to "Is this quote fair?"

The base system + communicator is £439 if i was buying it myself. Add around another £140 for extra PIRs and an extra £100 for extra contact and shock sensors and we're at £679. Plus cost of extra keypad which i can't find price for would take me to say £700. That leaves £140 for installation and configuration and decommission of old system. Which i'm wondering is fair?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,003Posts Today

5,757Users online

Martin's Twitter