Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 12th Oct 16, 7:28 AM
    • 2,237Posts
    • 2,851Thanks
    Locating old HMV pension (and shares)
    • 12th Oct 16, 7:28 AM
    Locating old HMV pension (and shares) 12th Oct 16 at 7:28 AM
    Hi all

Wondering if anyone can help.

My partner worked for HMV from around 2006-2011 during which time she paid 4% into their stakeholder scheme (she thinks) and also bought into their share scheme.

Paper work is sketchy but as far we can tell the shares have disappeared (found login to capita account which has 1000 'penny shares' in it which cannot apparently be sold )

On the pension we have virtually nothing. Googled HMV group which appear to have gone into administration before being bought out by hilco.

Does anyone have any idea how we could locate the pension and shares?
    Left is never right but I always am.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 12th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    • 30,027 Posts
    • 35,542 Thanks
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,272Posts Today

7,785Users online

Martin's Twitter