Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TE1979
    • By TE1979 12th Oct 16, 1:08 AM
    • 174Posts
    • 347Thanks
    TE1979
    Fish and Chips
    • 12th Oct 16, 1:08 AM
    Fish and Chips 12th Oct 16 at 1:08 AM
    I read an article today about Britain's best chippie's. Living in Brighton - we have some very good chippie's. What are the Fish and Chip shops like in your local area?
Page 3
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 17th Oct 16, 8:30 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 2,277 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Anstruther Fish Bar, multiple award winners and still as good as they ever were

Every man is innocent until proven broke.

Walk 1000 miles in a year challenge - 694.7
    This week - 44.5
    • JasonLVC
    • By JasonLVC 17th Oct 16, 9:44 PM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 30,779 Thanks
    JasonLVC
    York Fisheries in Blackpool are award winning fish and chip shop, set a few streets back from the front and well worth finding. About the only good thing about Blackpool next to the road sign marked "The South".
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 18th Oct 16, 12:34 PM
    • 10,260 Posts
    • 23,102 Thanks
    Tarry
    One of my favourite place to get chips from was the Varne on Lydd on Sea - it used to be a Saturday treat.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • jack_pott
    • By jack_pott 18th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    • 3,311 Posts
    • 4,087 Thanks
    jack_pott
    You need to go to the north to get proper fish and chips cooked in beef dripping.
    Originally posted by onlyroz
    ^^^^ This.
    • andygb
    • By andygb 18th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    • 11,015 Posts
    • 22,924 Thanks
    andygb
    We haven't had fish and chips for ages, but VC Jones in Whitstable used to be good, as well as Neptunes in Herne Bay.
    There is a fishmonger just on the way out of Rye towards Camber who is very good, and does amazing offers on fresh plaice, so if we are down that way, we buy two or three plaice, take them home, fillet them and pan fry with oven cooked chips - lovely.
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 20th Oct 16, 4:18 PM
    • 10,260 Posts
    • 23,102 Thanks
    Tarry
    We haven't had fish and chips for ages, but VC Jones in Whitstable used to be good, as well as Neptunes in Herne Bay.
    There is a fishmonger just on the way out of Rye towards Camber who is very good, and does amazing offers on fresh plaice, so if we are down that way, we buy two or three plaice, take them home, fillet them and pan fry with oven cooked chips - lovely.
    Originally posted by andygb
    I know of the one! On New Road just before you go over Mount Batten Bridge? I used to live near there!
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

285Posts Today

1,094Users online

Martin's Twitter