Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hatsoff15
    • By hatsoff15 12th Oct 16, 12:20 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    hatsoff15
    Problems getting through to PIP
    • 12th Oct 16, 12:20 AM
    Problems getting through to PIP 12th Oct 16 at 12:20 AM
    Hi everyone,I got the letter last week saying my DLA was coming to an end and it gave the phone number for me to apply for PIP,I have been trying for 5 days now but cannot get through it just keeps saying they are busy I was hanging up and trying every half hour with no luck but today I held on for an hour and a half but still couldn't get through,I'm, worried if this continues it will affect my claim,the letter gives me until the 17th to claim but if the next 5 days are anything like the previous I don't hold out much hope,any advice please?
Page 1
    • altocumulus
    • By altocumulus 12th Oct 16, 9:08 AM
    • 554 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    altocumulus
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:08 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:08 AM
    Have you tried both sets of numbers , 0345 850 3322 as well as the 0800 one ? I've had a look on the DWP site and they only give telephone numbers to try , nothing else . If you still can't contact have a chance with CAB perhaps , or even your MP! - otherwise patience on the phone - not easy I know . This first stage is all about getting hold of the claims form .
    • Tolly_T
    • By Tolly_T 12th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    Tolly_T
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    Try calling at 8am. I've got through in about 10 minutes at that time. The website says you can write to them for a form but they often don't send one out. However, if you are concerned about not getting through before your deadline you could send a request for the form by recorded delivery explaining that you haven't been able to get through on the phone. You could give them your telephone number as well and ask them to call you if they're not able to send the form. It might not get a result but I think it should protect you by giving you evidence that you have tried to start your claim.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,261Posts Today

6,045Users online

Martin's Twitter