Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fruitabat
    • By fruitabat 11th Oct 16, 10:01 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fruitabat
    Car allowance + fuel card
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:01 PM
    Car allowance + fuel card 11th Oct 16 at 10:01 PM
    Hi, little be of help needed on car allowance.

I get a car allowance paid in to my wages which I am tax on at the normal rate. I bought a car outright and I have to pay for all normal service cost.

the company provides me with a company fuel cards.
    I then get charged .13p per mile for private mileage, I do not see the bill for work mileage but do have to log the mileage.

If I opted out of the fuel card the company will pay .15p per mile for my work mileage.

so the questions are:

1- with using the company fuel card can I claim any extra tax relief for the mileage ?

2- if I start to pay for fuel and claim it back @ .15P per mile can I offset any more cost against my personal tax.

3- any other tips would be great

thanks in advance
Page 1
    • fruitabat
    • By fruitabat 16th Nov 16, 12:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fruitabat
    • 16th Nov 16, 12:20 PM
    • 16th Nov 16, 12:20 PM
    any help at all on this one ?
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 16th Nov 16, 12:49 PM
    • 3,382 Posts
    • 2,103 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 16th Nov 16, 12:49 PM
    • 16th Nov 16, 12:49 PM
    You can get tax relief on the difference between what your employer reimburses for business mileage and HMRC rates (45p a mile for first 10,000 miles and 25p a mile thereafter).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,003Posts Today

5,757Users online

Martin's Twitter