Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • OneLife_OneShot
    • By OneLife_OneShot 11th Oct 16, 8:50 PM
    • 693Posts
    • 499Thanks
    OneLife_OneShot
    Access Pre Paid Mastercard Advice
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:50 PM
    Access Pre Paid Mastercard Advice 11th Oct 16 at 8:50 PM
    Need advice please .

I got a card for travelling in Australia I topped it up and used it at shops and ATMs.

The final day in Oz I went to withdraw 300 dollars and it took it off my account but the machine didn't give me it.

Wasn't the end of the world I got home and got it refunded and 30 dollar good will gesture. I went down to the co op I got it and requested it be closed. The girl said okay and cashed out the equivalent in sterling.

I'm now getting a final demand letter from pre paid mastercard saying I owe them $69.

I will get to the bottom of it but am I right in saying they can't place a default or anything on my account as it's not a credit agreement?

Thanks
    CC Debt - Paid £709/£3350 - Finishes - April 2017
    OD Debt - Paid £1200/£1400 - Finishes - Dec 2016

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered, the point is to discover them."
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 11th Oct 16, 8:59 PM
    • 8,408 Posts
    • 8,228 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:59 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:59 PM
    Yes that's correct, it will not show on your credit file.

For free debt advice please call National Debtline on
    0808 808 4000
    Monday to Friday
    9am to 9pm
    Saturday 9.30am to 1pm
    • OneLife_OneShot
    • By OneLife_OneShot 12th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    • 693 Posts
    • 499 Thanks
    OneLife_OneShot
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    Yes that's correct, it will not show on your credit file.
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    Thank you, that is a weight off my mind. Hopefully they will be reasonable to deal with.
    CC Debt - Paid £709/£3350 - Finishes - April 2017
    OD Debt - Paid £1200/£1400 - Finishes - Dec 2016

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered, the point is to discover them."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,378Posts Today

5,975Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Going to a very exciting premier right now... with Mrs and mini MSE, to the screening of "we're going on a bear hunt"

• No. Not a huge fan. Never claimed to be.Just a fan. And one who choose to prioritise family time with his little gi? https://t.co/lZ9uUylk2U

• I've just checked the score. You're right. What happened? https://t.co/5E7y52r47o

• Follow Martin