Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Donury236
    • By Donury236 11th Oct 16, 8:38 PM
    • 44Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Donury236
    Debt Payment Plan route to debt free
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:38 PM
    Debt Payment Plan route to debt free 11th Oct 16 at 8:38 PM
    So, after job hunting since Feb and nothing being successfull and my partner having had no offshore time this year so far (so we are 12k down on top of being down my salary of about 26k), the !!!! has hit the fan and we have more going out than coming in.

We spoke to Stepchange on the 30th September to get the wheels in motion on a Debt Payment Plan via DAS.

So far we have attempted to open a basic account at Nationwide, which has proved to be a screw up already as they 'forgot' to send us out the terms to sign, or in fact any correspondence so we have to go in to sign it - branch is 27 miles away and we have to make an appointment, it is currently the October hols so have 2 ragamuffins to take with us and OH FINALLY has a job offshore (possibly) in Malaysia for a week leaving on the 17th! SO I am cacing myself as we should get account details 3-5 working days after they receive our signed terms( so it will have taken 3 WEEKS to open this basic bank account)

We have assembled all our incomings and outgoing info.
    Cancelled all Direct debits from any current accounts we have.
    We have the letters ready to send out to all our creditors.

Filled in and returned the Mandate of Authority and Moratorium form as per the DPP pack that we were sent. Awaiting them confirming that we are protected for the 6 weeks whilst we get everything together.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,910Posts Today

6,701Users online

Martin's Twitter