Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CP18
    • By CP18 11th Oct 16, 6:51 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CP18
    NPower have messed up my bills
    • 11th Oct 16, 6:51 PM
    NPower have messed up my bills 11th Oct 16 at 6:51 PM
    Hi all, I'm new to this but am hoping someone can help.
    NPower have completely messed up my bills and I can't make head nor tail of how much I should have paid or been charged.
    For the last two weeks I have been waiting on a substantial refund of credit but they are now saying this is not owed despite numerous calls and confirmation that it has been processed, but they can't or don't want to explain my bills. Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 11th Oct 16, 6:56 PM
    • 2,555 Posts
    • 1,572 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 11th Oct 16, 6:56 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 6:56 PM
    Make an official complaint to them, if that fails the ombudsman
    • CP18
    • By CP18 11th Oct 16, 7:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CP18
    • 11th Oct 16, 7:08 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 7:08 PM
    Thanks csgohan4, it's a complete minefield and I just can't work any of it out. I will put together a formal complaint as you advise. ��
    • angelin77
    • By angelin77 11th Oct 16, 8:50 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    angelin77
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:50 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:50 PM
    Suggest you go on the Npower Facebook page and tell them about your problem. They should respond quicker than the complaints team and it's less stressful than trying to get through to them on the phone.
    • WhoIsThat
    • By WhoIsThat 11th Oct 16, 9:37 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    WhoIsThat
    • 11th Oct 16, 9:37 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 9:37 PM
    NPower have completely messed up my bills and I can't make head nor tail of how much I should have paid or been charged.
    For the last two weeks I have been waiting on a substantial refund of credit but they are now saying this is not owed despite numerous calls and confirmation that it has been processed, but they can't or don't want to explain my bills. Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by CP18
    Thanks csgohan4, it's a complete minefield and I just can't work any of it out. I will put together a formal complaint as you advise. ��
    It sounds like you have already tried asking nPower for an explanation, and are in no better position to understand them.

Try taking them to the CAB for an explanation

Or if you can work out how to, and are willing, post full clear copies here and someone will hopefully try to assist you in understanding them
    • CP18
    • By CP18 11th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CP18
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to advise me Angelin77 and WholsThat, I have now raised an official complaint and been assured someone will be calling me back tomorrow. I will certainly post the complaint on Facebook and seek advice from CAB if I don't get any further forward.
    • angelin77
    • By angelin77 12th Oct 16, 6:34 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    angelin77
    • 12th Oct 16, 6:34 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 6:34 AM
    Hi
    I recently read in a daily newspaper that you get a quicker response if you use social media to contact Npower. Although in my case the complaint was at a later stage than yours, I contacted Npower through their Facebook page and actually achieved more in a couple of days when a member of their Facebook team investigated my problem than weeks and months of going through the Executive Complaints Team at Npower. But please keep on top of it. In my experience, every time I contacted the Exec Complaints department it was never the same person who eventually responded, Keep a log of all the communications and responses received. Personally I try to obtain everything in writing as it is difficult to prove or confirm anything said in a phone call unless you record it.
    Good luck
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 12th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    • 5,819 Posts
    • 3,431 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    Email Executive Complaints. You will be given a reference number and someone will call you, within a couple of working days.

I've always found them useful and depending on the nature of the complaint,they may pay you compensation.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 12th Oct 16, 11:56 AM
    • 15,029 Posts
    • 9,380 Thanks
    molerat
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:56 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:56 AM
    Can you not work it out for yourself, it is not difficult ?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 12th Oct 16, 4:46 PM
    • 5,819 Posts
    • 3,431 Thanks
    teddysmum

Are you sure that you actually do have an account in credit ?

Once a bill has been issued, your monthly payments accumulate as credits and £80 a month, over three months, gives an apparent credit of £240, but, at the end of the three months (assuming quarterly billing), the cost of energy used has to be deducted from this 'credit' and could either still leave a smaller credit or a shortfall.

I once had what appeared to be a huge and impossible) credit, until I examined the bill and noticed that I had not been charged for gas. This was soon put right (including a month's gas charge being removed), the explanation being that a glitch in tariff changing had caused anyone taking the new tariff to have their gas account 'closed' .

If you would like to tell us the details of your bill, I'm sure someone on here will be able to advise you whether Npower are in the wrong or you have misunderstood , as above.
    Last edited by teddysmum; 12-10-2016 at 5:01 PM.
    • Eric Disley
    • By Eric Disley 12th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    Eric Disley
    OP already said they can't make hear nor tail of the bill.

Bills are sometimes impossible to understand. I've had bills from Scottish Power and Co-op Energy where the billing system went to pieces and they tried to remedy it through a succession of "account adjustments". There was no explanation of how these adjustements had been calculated, they bore no relation to previous bills, absolutely no way of understanding them.
    • stevegrass777
    • By stevegrass777 12th Oct 16, 9:17 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    stevegrass777
    My farthers billing was so bad even the dates didn't correspond,that was npower.they never did get any better,he left and it was such a relief getting accurate bills with someone else.
    • CP18
    • By CP18 12th Oct 16, 9:32 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CP18
    Thank you to all those that have posted helpful advice and guidance. Eric Disley you have summed it up beautifully, none of it adds up, lots of invoice reversals followed by numerous new invoices. I was expecting a call back today and have heard nothing after raising a complaint last night and obtaining a ref... I will be calling them tomorrow and if I am still in the dark I will post the bills on here and see if any of you lovely people might be able to decipher them. I really appreciate everyone's help, thank you! ��
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 12th Oct 16, 10:59 PM
    • 5,819 Posts
    • 3,431 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Thank you to all those that have posted helpful advice and guidance. Eric Disley you have summed it up beautifully, none of it adds up, lots of invoice reversals followed by numerous new invoices. I was expecting a call back today and have heard nothing after raising a complaint last night and obtaining a ref... I will be calling them tomorrow and if I am still in the dark I will post the bills on here and see if any of you lovely people might be able to decipher them. I really appreciate everyone's help, thank you! ��
    Did you contact Executive Complaints and not just the normal customer service people ? A relative of mine once worked for Npower and advised me that they were the people to contact.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,460Posts Today

7,421Users online

Martin's Twitter