Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• eusabius
    • By eusabius 11th Oct 16, 6:08 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ending joint ESA claim.
    • 11th Oct 16, 6:08 PM
    Ending joint ESA claim. 11th Oct 16 at 6:08 PM
    Hi. I was wondering if there's anyone here who might be able to advise me. I am currently in receipt of ESA. I am in the Support Group. I claim for my partner as well, so it is a joint claim. Things have not gone well for us recently and I am seriously thinking about ending the relationship and moving out. My question is, what happens then? Can I just inform the DWP that we have separated and that I have moved out and get them to take my partner off the claim? Or will I have to make an entirely fresh claim for ESA, having to go through the entire process of another form, gathering evidence from my GP and consultant, and go through another medical? The thought of having to go through all that again at this stressful time, with the possibility that it might mess up my claim, fills me with horror.
    Thanks in advance for any answers.
Page 1
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 11th Oct 16, 8:29 PM
    • 2,500 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:29 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:29 PM
    If you separate you need to inform ESA. As you are the claimant you will not have to make a new claim.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,131Posts Today

6,610Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin