Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Doodledoo987
    • By Doodledoo987 11th Oct 16, 6:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 2Thanks
    My journey to being debt free!
    • 11th Oct 16, 6:00 PM
    My journey to being debt free! 11th Oct 16 at 6:00 PM
    I am completely new to this. I have been burying my head in the sand and borrowing to pay off debt and having more outgoings than income! Anyway I decided enough was enough so I decided to contact all my creditors. I thought I will have a go and if it doesn't work I will contact stepchange but this is sort of like my own DMP.

I must say I expected it to be much harder than it was! 8 emailed all my creditors (ashamed to admit mostly payday lenders) and explained that I was struggling and offered them all repayments. The following ones agreed immediately to freeze interest and to my repayments

- lending stream
    - satsuma
    - quickquid
    - mr lender (the one I was most worried about as I heard they were hard to deal with)
    - Very

I also owe moneyboat 300, they were slightly harder they made me fill in and income and expenditure form however accepted straight away once I sent that to freeze interest and spread the payments over 12 months.

The last one who have responded asking that I ring them
    To discuss is everyday loans. Fingers crossed that I will sort something with them!

I feel so stupid, I am 22 and just got stuck in this stupid cycle of debt. Luckily I am up to date with all priorities. I have a good well paid job and have my own home! I just stupidly took these loans out and have nothing to show for it!

Anyway I mainly wrote this because I searched and searched for any success stories with these lenders on google but struggled to find any so I am hoping that is anybody else is in my situation they can find my post and will see it is possible! If I can do it anybody can!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,887Posts Today

7,886Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thank you for all your kind wishes.Not sure now if it's a hamstring tear now. Feels like very bad cramp in the back of my thigh

• RT @MSE_Deals: Psssst! Sneak preview of tomorrow's email deals NOW... On @MartinSLewis's Facebook: (pls help us spo?

• He tried to refuse the fare and tip I refused to be refused and said he should tree should put it in a charity tin

• Follow Martin