Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • leeroy2009
    • By leeroy2009 11th Oct 16, 5:19 PM
    • 574Posts
    • 224Thanks
    leeroy2009
    club lloyds dropping to 2%, halifax rewards to 3
    • 11th Oct 16, 5:19 PM
    club lloyds dropping to 2%, halifax rewards to 3 11th Oct 16 at 5:19 PM
    club lloyds dropping to 2%, halifax rewards to 3

just read this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/saving/article-3832546/Now-Lloyds-cuts-rate-current-account-customers-Club-Lloyds-deal-dropping-4-2.html
Page 3
    • joe134
    • By joe134 14th Oct 16, 8:49 AM
    • 2,919 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    joe134
    All of these cuts are annoying but I won't be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Until the rate change kicks in TSB are giving me 5% on 2k plus 5 a month for contactless even when the cashback ends and the rate drops to 3% on 1.5k still worth having in my opinion.

Same with Halifax, benefit from 5 per month per account whilst it lasts then even at 3 per month per account better than nothing.

I'm holding on to all my accounts for now as others could still change and I will reassess when they have all kicked in
    Originally posted by Mr Goodkat
    Hi Mr G, you are right, I'm not doing anything until the new rates kick in.
    However. Lloyds club, unlike any other high paying Current A/c has this fee.
    If and when Anyone decides to not require it, they cannot just withdraw their funds and stop their 1500 pm,like I have with their Vantage a/c's. which I still have, open, but empty, because the 3 pm will still apply, hence my Question about cancelling the A/c.
    I may decide to retain it, but, the Question still applies?
    • joe134
    • By joe134 14th Oct 16, 8:57 AM
    • 2,919 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    joe134
    For all these people saying things along the lines of....

"i'm closing my account because of the pi$$ poor rates"

Can you tell me which account/s you're then putting your money in to that gets you the super high rates that you must be moving to?

And why didn't you put your money in those higher rate accounts in the first place?
    Originally posted by JustAnotherSaver
    Spend it Problem solved, no more spreadsheets . excel ; ent idea.
    Last edited by joe134; 14-10-2016 at 8:59 AM.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 14th Oct 16, 9:02 AM
    • 3,613 Posts
    • 3,230 Thanks
    eskbanker
    the other two have a 0.01p balance.
    Originally posted by Westie983
    I know many take great pride in getting a high percentage return from these accounts by running low balances but don't recall anyone doing so with as little as a hundredth of a penny!
    • HHarry
    • By HHarry 15th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    HHarry
    Is there any confirmation as to what is happening to the tiers on the Club Lloyds?
    All the press is about the top rate dropping to 2% from 4.
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 15th Oct 16, 7:23 PM
    • 1,492 Posts
    • 808 Thanks
    Ed-1
    Is there any confirmation as to what is happening to the tiers on the Club Lloyds?
    All the press is about the top rate dropping to 2% from 4.
    Originally posted by HHarry
    The rate is 2% flat on all balances from 1 to 5,000.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 15th Oct 16, 8:01 PM
    • 28,263 Posts
    • 16,093 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    Is there any confirmation
    Originally posted by HHarry
    You mean from the horse's mouth so to speak? Well yes there is...on the Lloyds website...

https://www.lloydsbank.com/assets/media/pdfs/current-accounts/personal_banking_terms_and_conditions.pdf#page=2

See page 1, which details all changes, not just those relating to the tiers being removed.
    • HHarry
    • By HHarry 15th Oct 16, 10:27 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    HHarry
    Thanks Ed and YB,

I had a look on the Lloyds site, but didn't come across that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

48Posts Today

4,284Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin