Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• stash999
    • By stash999 11th Oct 16, 5:07 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Double Glazed Door Roller Problem
    • 11th Oct 16, 5:07 PM
    Double Glazed Door Roller Problem 11th Oct 16 at 5:07 PM
    Hi All,

Can anyone help me ?

On my double glazed door the top roller will not go down, it goes up fine & it will drop down but if there is any kind of resistance at all it won't go down, it doesn't pull down, even if you put your finger on it and move the handle thats enough to stop it (the rest of the locking system works fine) pricing up a new multipoint locking system looks like £70-90 which i don't really fancy paying for 1 roller not working, that said it would be nice for it to work as when it pulls the door shut tighter you can definitely hear less outside noise.

Page 1
    • phil24_7
    • By phil24_7 11th Oct 16, 8:21 PM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 557 Thanks
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:21 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:21 PM
    The locking mechanism likely needs replacing as it has probably snapped near the top. It should be quite a simple fix, as long as your door isn't too old and you can find a replacement cassette. It'll probably be 20-40 quid for the cassette. and it should screw straight in though you'll need to remove the euro lock and the handle.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,275Posts Today

5,101Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • BBC weather just told us clocks going back means "everyone gets an extra hour's sleep". Hmmm not if you've young children or on nightshift.

• Pension cold callers and misselling ruins lives. This petition is trying to stop them sign if u agree.

• Thank you Microsoft (Tom)

• Follow Martin