Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigredduke
    • By bigredduke 11th Oct 16, 4:35 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bigredduke
    Irish bank account in Euros, best way to access & convert to
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:35 PM
    Irish bank account in Euros, best way to access & convert to 11th Oct 16 at 4:35 PM
    Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I couldn't find one more suitable.

My late father-in-law (Irish citizen) left my two daughters 10,000 Euros which were deposited in an AIB savings account on their behalf. Now that sterling is weak against the euro it would seem to be a good time to exchange. What is the most cost effective way of doing this?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • beansOnToast
    • By beansOnToast 11th Oct 16, 4:54 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    beansOnToast
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:54 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:54 PM
    I personally use transferwise. Much cheaper than letting the bank do the currency conversion for you.
    • steampowered
    • By steampowered 11th Oct 16, 5:09 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 463 Thanks
    steampowered
    • 11th Oct 16, 5:09 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 5:09 PM
    I use a company called clearfx which has always been great for me. The fees are lower than most of the banks charge, and you also get a better exchange rate than the banks give you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,723Posts Today

10,123Users online

Martin's Twitter