Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bassettof2
    • By bassettof2 11th Oct 16, 4:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bassettof2
    Clydesdale - Mortgage Process
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:25 PM
    Clydesdale - Mortgage Process 11th Oct 16 at 4:25 PM
    Hello - I've currently got a FTB mortgage application in with Clydesdale (application submitted just over a week ago) and am anxiously waiting for any sign that my application is progressing. They've just asked for payment details for the valuation survey. Anyone know if this is a good sign (i.e. is it any indication that I've already passed credit/affordability checks etc) or something that they always ask at the start of the application process?

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 11th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    • 51,214 Posts
    • 42,997 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    If the property doesn't meet lending criteria. Then there'll be no offer. Just another step in the process.
    “A man is rich who lives upon what he has. A man is poor who lives upon what is coming. A prudent man lives within his income, and saves against ‘a rainy day’.”
    • bassettof2
    • By bassettof2 14th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bassettof2
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    Timeline so far in case there are any other FTB's going with Clydesdale:

Full application submitted through broker - 4 October
    Asked for card details for survey - 11 October
    Survey undertaken - 13 October.

Now we wait...
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 14th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    We not FTB but remortgaging a BTL. We got our offer today. 20 weeks after first application. Ours was very long but they are a slow lender so be prepared to wait.

Good luck
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 14th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    Oh and as for processes, they'll look at your app. See if anything immediately obvious that would be a no go. If not they instruct a valuation befor they do anything. Once that is fine they'll look at the underwriting. If the figures add up they will then credit score you. They will then raise any queries against the credit score. If all of that meets their requirement you'll get your offer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

604Posts Today

3,677Users online

Martin's Twitter