Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• chimneyguy
    • By chimneyguy 11th Oct 16, 3:17 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Furanflex liners query
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:17 PM
    Furanflex liners query 11th Oct 16 at 3:17 PM
    I read a forum discussion about Furanflex (not Furanflex25, I mean the original Furanflex products) liners a while ago but it seems to have disappeared. The debate was about whether black Furanflex liners, which have been installed in homes, are suitable for solid fuel like wood. Does anyone know? These liners are used a lot. The last forum discussion didn't have a conclusion.
Page 1
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 11th Oct 16, 3:51 PM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 1,337 Thanks
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:51 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:51 PM
    I wouldn't have though so - wood burners get extremely hot compared to gas fires so I'd have thought that a proper stainless steel liner is what would be required.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

216Posts Today

1,445Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Superb and chilling piece on #newsnight right now, animated reading from someone under ISIS rule in Mosul

• In my view that's a usually a mistake see my

• Does anyone know when we get US election results - ie is it a watch it overnight on morning of 9nov or watch the next day, or is it days?

• Follow Martin