Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 11th Oct 16, 1:55 PM
    • 6,642Posts
    • 11,397Thanks
    Dreamnine
    I got a free pizza...
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:55 PM
    I got a free pizza... 11th Oct 16 at 1:55 PM
    ...voucher came through the door this morning from Dr. Oetker - any pizza up to the value of £3 free.

So, whilst in Tesco buying fruit, coffee, bread and peanut butter, I picked up my free pizza.

I wish they'd do this every week.
    It is nexuses not nexi, dummy. And it's between you and me, not you and I.
Page 2
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 11th Oct 16, 7:06 PM
    • 6,642 Posts
    • 11,397 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Yes, I should attempt that at some time. Once had an Italian lodger in the house I was staying some 25 years ago who made great pizzas from scratch.
    • sillyvixen
    • By sillyvixen 11th Oct 16, 8:18 PM
    • 2,787 Posts
    • 4,104 Thanks
    sillyvixen
    Once, eating at a friend's house, they had ordered in and the pizza had a fried/baked egg in the middle of it. I wasn't too keen on that combo.
    Originally posted by Dreamnine
    I went out with my brother and his friends, to celebrate his birthday, we went for an Italian meal before going out on the town. My brother's best mate had the pizza with an egg combo - apparently he always ordered that in Italian places.

Just seems odd to me.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 11th Oct 16, 10:11 PM
    • 10,260 Posts
    • 23,101 Thanks
    Tarry
    Perfect - I like them pizzas.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • TE1979
    • By TE1979 12th Oct 16, 1:03 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    TE1979
    I had a problem with a packet of Walker's crisps a while ago. The bag was full of the flavouring - with only a few crisps. I phoned the hotline listed on the packet and in the post a couple of weeks later arrived £6.00 in vouchers and some Walker's promotional merchandise. Excellent customer service, I must say.
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 12th Oct 16, 11:51 AM
    • 6,642 Posts
    • 11,397 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Perhaps not such a good free pizza after all; I was sick twice last night.

Of course it was probably the fact that I'm going through chemo treatment.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 12th Oct 16, 2:35 PM
    • 1,832 Posts
    • 3,162 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Oh Dreamnine, so sorry to read that. How much more chemo?
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 12th Oct 16, 2:40 PM
    • 6,642 Posts
    • 11,397 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Another 5 fortnightly sessions.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 12th Oct 16, 2:44 PM
    • 1,832 Posts
    • 3,162 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Oh my Dreamnine. Perhaps you should consider taking a break and coming to stay with me, after it is all over.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 12th Oct 16, 2:47 PM
    • 6,642 Posts
    • 11,397 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Oh my Dreamnine. Perhaps you should consider taking a break and coming to stay with me, after it is all over.
    Tips x
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    I'll do that...it would mean having me over Christmas, though, and I'm a notorious tinsel-dodger.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 12th Oct 16, 2:50 PM
    • 1,832 Posts
    • 3,162 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Dreamnine I am in New York over Christmas, Canada for New Year. The best time would be those awful weeks after it's all over. Seriously I do have a spare room.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Nov 16, 3:25 PM
    • 46,390 Posts
    • 127,024 Thanks
    colinw
    I hope they start giving freebies out with online shopping. I occasionally buy supermarkets own brand. Dr Oetkers are decent (for frozen) the couple of occasions Ive tried them.
    Originally posted by Missli
    I like the Dr Oetkers pizzas especially the Chicago take away ones...a nice bit pf pulled pork or shredded beef
    • Ames
    • By Ames 16th Nov 16, 5:00 PM
    • 15,436 Posts
    • 26,281 Thanks
    Ames
    I quite like egg on a pizza, but I imagine it's not so nice if you're not expecting it.
    An egg cracked on the middle of a plain cheese pizza, and then topped with more cheese, and baked so the yolk goes hard and chalky - much tastier than it sounds!
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    I went out with my brother and his friends, to celebrate his birthday, we went for an Italian meal before going out on the town. My brother's best mate had the pizza with an egg combo - apparently he always ordered that in Italian places.

Just seems odd to me.
    Originally posted by sillyvixen
    There's a nice Italian place that does take away not too far from me, I love their Florentine pizza with spinach and an egg in the middle: http://labesi.co.uk/takeaway-menu/
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.

Recent reads: Everyday Sexism by Laura Bates. Headscarves and Hymens by Mona Eltahawy. Justice - What is the Right Thing To Do by Michael Sandel. Is Multiculturalism Bad For Women by Susan Moller Okin.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

4,507Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin