Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 11th Oct 16, 1:55 PM
    • 7,872Posts
    • 13,293Thanks
    Dreamnine
    I got a free pizza...
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:55 PM
    I got a free pizza... 11th Oct 16 at 1:55 PM
    ...voucher came through the door this morning from Dr. Oetker - any pizza up to the value of £3 free.

So, whilst in Tesco buying fruit, coffee, bread and peanut butter, I picked up my free pizza.

I wish they'd do this every week.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
Page 2
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 11th Oct 16, 7:06 PM
    • 7,872 Posts
    • 13,293 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Yes, I should attempt that at some time. Once had an Italian lodger in the house I was staying some 25 years ago who made great pizzas from scratch.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • sillyvixen
    • By sillyvixen 11th Oct 16, 8:18 PM
    • 2,945 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    sillyvixen
    Once, eating at a friend's house, they had ordered in and the pizza had a fried/baked egg in the middle of it. I wasn't too keen on that combo.
    Originally posted by Dreamnine
    I went out with my brother and his friends, to celebrate his birthday, we went for an Italian meal before going out on the town. My brother's best mate had the pizza with an egg combo - apparently he always ordered that in Italian places.

Just seems odd to me.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 11th Oct 16, 10:11 PM
    • 10,415 Posts
    • 23,368 Thanks
    Tarry
    Perfect - I like them pizzas.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • TE1979
    • By TE1979 12th Oct 16, 1:03 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    TE1979
    I had a problem with a packet of Walker's crisps a while ago. The bag was full of the flavouring - with only a few crisps. I phoned the hotline listed on the packet and in the post a couple of weeks later arrived £6.00 in vouchers and some Walker's promotional merchandise. Excellent customer service, I must say.
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 12th Oct 16, 11:51 AM
    • 7,872 Posts
    • 13,293 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Perhaps not such a good free pizza after all; I was sick twice last night.

Of course it was probably the fact that I'm going through chemo treatment.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 12th Oct 16, 2:35 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Oh Dreamnine, so sorry to read that. How much more chemo?
    Tips x
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 12th Oct 16, 2:40 PM
    • 7,872 Posts
    • 13,293 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Another 5 fortnightly sessions.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 12th Oct 16, 2:44 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Oh my Dreamnine. Perhaps you should consider taking a break and coming to stay with me, after it is all over.
    Tips x
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 12th Oct 16, 2:47 PM
    • 7,872 Posts
    • 13,293 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Oh my Dreamnine. Perhaps you should consider taking a break and coming to stay with me, after it is all over.
    Tips x
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    I'll do that...it would mean having me over Christmas, though, and I'm a notorious tinsel-dodger.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 12th Oct 16, 2:50 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Dreamnine I am in New York over Christmas, Canada for New Year. The best time would be those awful weeks after it's all over. Seriously I do have a spare room.
    Tips x
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Nov 16, 3:25 PM
    • 49,596 Posts
    • 135,711 Thanks
    colinw
    I hope they start giving freebies out with online shopping. I occasionally buy supermarkets own brand. Dr Oetkers are decent (for frozen) the couple of occasions Ive tried them.
    Originally posted by Missli
    I like the Dr Oetkers pizzas especially the Chicago take away ones...a nice bit pf pulled pork or shredded beef
    • Ames
    • By Ames 16th Nov 16, 5:00 PM
    • 16,170 Posts
    • 28,214 Thanks
    Ames
    I quite like egg on a pizza, but I imagine it's not so nice if you're not expecting it.
    An egg cracked on the middle of a plain cheese pizza, and then topped with more cheese, and baked so the yolk goes hard and chalky - much tastier than it sounds!
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    I went out with my brother and his friends, to celebrate his birthday, we went for an Italian meal before going out on the town. My brother's best mate had the pizza with an egg combo - apparently he always ordered that in Italian places.

Just seems odd to me.
    Originally posted by sillyvixen
    There's a nice Italian place that does take away not too far from me, I love their Florentine pizza with spinach and an egg in the middle: http://labesi.co.uk/takeaway-menu/
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.

Reading the alphabet in 2017. 21/100
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    • Avidus Mortis
    • By Avidus Mortis 1st Jan 17, 7:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Avidus Mortis
    If you like Domino's I found this free tool recently that finds you a Domino's discount code for your local store. So you put in your post code and then it gives you all the codes. Has saved me quite a bit over Christmas and new years. Not quite as good as free, but I'll take half price lol

I can't post a link as I'm new, but it's latestdeals . co . uk / dominos-pizza
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 1st Jan 17, 11:22 PM
    • 26,013 Posts
    • 13,818 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I never buy pizza from places like Dominos - I cant imagine paying 5 or more times the price of a supermarket frozen one - they may be better, but not by that much.
    Same here, never been to Pizza Hut, dominos etc in my life. Even with frozen pizzas I only get them if they are on offer. Otherwise I would just get a fresh one from the pizza counter.
    • gizwal
    • By gizwal 2nd Jan 17, 8:53 AM
    • 1,387 Posts
    • 2,238 Thanks
    gizwal

Just seems odd to me.
    Originally posted by sillyvixen
    When my son was in Rome earlier this year he had pizza with a fried egg on it, said it was really good. So it`s more of an Italian thing rather than British. I might try it one day.
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 9th Jan 17, 4:44 PM
    • 10,415 Posts
    • 23,368 Thanks
    Tarry
    My local pizza place is good...and they are cooked fresh for a good price.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • Exile_geordie
    • By Exile_geordie 10th Jan 17, 6:54 AM
    • 4,416 Posts
    • 8,837 Thanks
    Exile_geordie
    Once, eating at a friend's house, they had ordered in and the pizza had a fried/baked egg in the middle of it. I wasn't too keen on that combo.
    Baked egg on a pizza is one of the greatest gifts to the world.

Put some minced beef around the outside crack the egg in the middle halfway trhough baking and then eat. Nom nom nom
    Northern Northern Northern.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,215Posts Today

7,796Users online

Martin's Twitter