Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mils
    • By mils 11th Oct 16, 1:44 PM
    • 197Posts
    • 27Thanks
    mils
    disposal of Plaster Board??
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:44 PM
    disposal of Plaster Board?? 11th Oct 16 at 1:44 PM
    We're having our bathroom re done inside our property. The plumbers/joiners put the plaster board in the skip we had for the rubble.
    The skip company removed all plaster board explaining they can't take it.

What is the correct way to get rid of plaster board? Some mentioned I may have to register our car with out property to take it to the local recycling center is this true ??

Regards
    Paul
Page 2
    • davethetaller
    • By davethetaller 13th Oct 16, 9:15 AM
    • 376 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    davethetaller
    I'd just smash/break/cut this stuff up and put it in my brown bin if they did this down here! lol
    Originally posted by phil24_7
    Me too, did it with a fridge freezer.
    Originally posted by Fat Walt
    Bet it took more than one week!
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 13th Oct 16, 10:21 AM
    • 20,760 Posts
    • 83,642 Thanks
    Davesnave
    That is ridiculous.

As someone has said it will just mean more fly-tipping.
    Originally posted by POPPYOSCAR
    Yes, but Cornwall Council admitted on BBC News last week that it's still cheaper from their POV to charge and then deal with the fly tipping.

(Probably because land owners mostly deal with it themselves, sometimes incurring charges from the council in the process!)

I've never been so glad my own fields are not accessible from the public highway.
    'Only the mediocre are always at their best.' Jean Giraudoux
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 13th Oct 16, 10:52 AM
    • 2,293 Posts
    • 4,794 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    You wont need to register your car to go to the tip/recycling centre but it will be messy.
    Originally posted by phil24_7
    South Gloucestershire council have APNR on the entrance of my local site and unregistered vehicles automatically sound a siren which releases a crack squad of tip workers to intercept and neutralize the threat of illicit waste from the unauthorized vehicle before it can drop its payload on the site.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

412Posts Today

2,652Users online

Martin's Twitter