Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Heezayy
    • By Heezayy 11th Oct 16, 12:36 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Heezayy
    Hypothetical question about private PCN
    • 11th Oct 16, 12:36 PM
    Hypothetical question about private PCN 11th Oct 16 at 12:36 PM
    I've seen a lost of posts on here saying that as long as its not the council that has issued the PCN then it doesn't matter and you can ignore it as well as all the letters that will be sent. I was wondering where is the line with that? I mean, does this mean I can use a private car park every day and rack up fines and ignore them because the company won't actually take me to court? Surely if they could just be ignored then I would never have to pay for parking again? I'm confused as to what powers these company's actually have. Thank you.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 11th Oct 16, 12:42 PM
    • 5,446 Posts
    • 4,968 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 11th Oct 16, 12:42 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 12:42 PM
    parking eye issued over 30,000 court claims last year , let see who,s in court today

http://www.bmpa.eu/court.html

I dout if you have seen posts from reputable posters saying "don,t pay" what you have seen are suggestions to challenge them and query there paperwork to a point that if court started the PPC would loose
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 11th Oct 16, 12:46 PM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 11th Oct 16, 12:46 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 12:46 PM
    If you've been reading THIS forum then I highly doubt you've seen any posts in the past 3+ years recommending you ignore.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Heezayy
    • By Heezayy 11th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Heezayy
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    For Premier Parking Solutions I have read most people saying ignore the letters that come and that they legally can't do anything. This doesn't make sense as they legally can't do anything then I would technically never have to pay for parking again.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 11th Oct 16, 1:13 PM
    • 5,446 Posts
    • 4,968 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:13 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:13 PM
    premier parking solutions or premier parking logistics?

one is in a ATA , one is a rouge ex clamper well known to the police
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Carthesis
    • By Carthesis 11th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 481 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    Carthesis
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    The fact is that, if they can identify the driver, they can try to claim money from them.

If they can't identify the driver, and they comply with very strict legislation fully, they can transfer liability to the registered keeper. However they are all so poor at following what turn out to be *VERY* simple guidelines once you take all the waffle out of them that they are regularly beaten through no fault but their own.

All they have to do is have extremely clear signage stating the charges for overstaying; have it in huge letters and dotted all over the car park; allow sufficient and reasonable grace periods; not take the !!!! with the amount they charge and try and fleece people; abide by a code of conduct that is, in itself not unreasonable and there wouldn't be anywhere *NEAR* the level of success that this forum achieves.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 11th Oct 16, 1:49 PM
    • 796 Posts
    • 747 Thanks
    waamo
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:49 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:49 PM
    The people you have listened too are idiots. Parking companies can enforce their charges. In saying that some are incredibly incompetent and lack the skills to enforce anything.

There are also other companies who want an easy life and choose not to robustly enforce their charges. If you get a ticket from the latter be aware they have up to 6 years to change their minds and chase the money.
    This space for hire.
    • Heezayy
    • By Heezayy 11th Oct 16, 2:46 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Heezayy
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:46 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:46 PM
    It's premier parking solutions I speak of in particular, they are based mainly in the southwest
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Oct 16, 3:01 PM
    • 11,038 Posts
    • 16,478 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:01 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:01 PM
    It's premier parking solutions I speak of in particular, they are based mainly in the southwest
    Originally posted by Heezayy
    They've started upping the ante this year in processing court cases.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Premier_Parking_Solutions.html

Whether they are 'competent' at it is rather academic once they kick the process off; it's the defendant who's landed with a pile of paperwork to deal with. Do that incompetently or tardily and they will very likely lose. The PPC has the upper hand once proceedings are underway, unless the defendant gets all their ducks in a row.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 11-10-2016 at 3:04 PM.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Oct 16, 6:53 PM
    • 40,629 Posts
    • 52,501 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    For Premier Parking Solutions I have read most people saying ignore the letters that come and that they legally can't do anything. This doesn't make sense as they legally can't do anything then I would technically never have to pay for parking again.
    Originally posted by Heezayy
    You have been reading old threads. Who are these 'most people' - certainly not on threads here since 2013!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,364Posts Today

6,013Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Going to a very exciting premier right now... with Mrs and mini MSE, to the screening of "we're going on a bear hunt"

• No. Not a huge fan. Never claimed to be.Just a fan. And one who choose to prioritise family time with his little gi? https://t.co/lZ9uUylk2U

• I've just checked the score. You're right. What happened? https://t.co/5E7y52r47o

• Follow Martin