Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stevecvo
    • By Stevecvo 11th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Stevecvo
    Trying to trace old US shares
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    Trying to trace old US shares 11th Oct 16 at 11:58 AM
    When we moved home 15 years ago I failed to notify a change of address to the registrars for some shares in US Industries Inc, a company incorporated in Delaware. When I came across the old share certificates I tried to trace the shares without success. The company and the CUSIP number no longer exist and letters to the registrar shown on the certificate, ChaseMellon Shareholder Services have produced no response. I presume that the company was taken over but I can find no trace of it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do next to try and find out what happened to these shares?
Page 1
    • alanq
    • By alanq 11th Oct 16, 12:25 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 2,142 Thanks
    alanq
    • 11th Oct 16, 12:25 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 12:25 PM
    Does this look like the right company?
    http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/history2/57/Jacuzzi-Brands-Inc.html
    • Stevecvo
    • By Stevecvo 11th Oct 16, 5:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stevecvo
    • 11th Oct 16, 5:16 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 5:16 PM
    Thanks alanq. That is really helpful and seems to explain what happened to US Industries Inc. I guess I should follow up the matter with the registrar for Jacuuzi Brands shares. Do you have any advice as to how to set about identifying them, pl;ease?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

412Posts Today

2,652Users online

Martin's Twitter