Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • michele-p
    • By michele-p 11th Oct 16, 10:55 AM
    • 568Posts
    • 664Thanks
    michele-p
    0 WOW
    Anyone flown Norwegian - Gatwick to Tenerife?
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:55 AM
    0 WOW
    Anyone flown Norwegian - Gatwick to Tenerife? 11th Oct 16 at 10:55 AM
    As the title suggests, we are off to tenerife in 2 weeks for half term. We've booked hand luggage only and got a great bargain. Just wondering if anyone has flown this route? Would it be just like Ryanair, we print off boarding passes before - and go straight to security - or would we need to check in at airport?

We have a 6 am flight, but staying very near at Gatwick Central Travel lodge, we'll get a taxi to the terminal as there are 3 of us.

Also, anyone know if there is any sort of in flight entertainment?, I'm not expecting it on a budget airline, but would be a bonus!

Cheers
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 11th Oct 16, 11:00 AM
    • 5,061 Posts
    • 6,082 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:00 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:00 AM
    Free wifi on board I think.
    • michele-p
    • By michele-p 11th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    • 568 Posts
    • 664 Thanks
    michele-p
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    Thanks for that, I've just been having a read up, sounds very impressive!
    https://www.norwegian.com/uk/travel-info/on-board/in-flight-entertainment/
    • michele-p
    • By michele-p 11th Oct 16, 11:10 AM
    • 568 Posts
    • 664 Thanks
    michele-p
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:10 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:10 AM
    Although not so sure its a free service!

Select the movie or TV show you want to watch, and pay with your credit card. For only €5 you have access to what you rented for 24 hours.
    • basill
    • By basill 11th Oct 16, 12:07 PM
    • 1,140 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    basill
    • 11th Oct 16, 12:07 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 12:07 PM
    Norwegian are one of the best low cost airlines.

I flew to Tenerife in December and I don`t think online check in was available then. They issued a travel document which I had to scan at the Norwegian auto check in downstairs to get my boarding pass before heading to security . It was easy and there was no queue to use the machine.

They also offer SMS and and an App.

http://www.norwegian.com/uk/travel-info/check-in-and-boarding/online-check-in/

I hope you enjoy your trip, There is no built in on board entertainment but once your phone or tablet is logged in to the free (but slow) wifi you can use that to check the flight progress map and there are some films to stream if you pay.

Like many cost airlines they only allow a limited number of hand luggage bags into the cabin, its first come first served and the rest go in the hold. They do allow you to take a second small bag with you though.
    Last edited by basill; 11-10-2016 at 12:20 PM.
    • michele-p
    • By michele-p 11th Oct 16, 1:53 PM
    • 568 Posts
    • 664 Thanks
    michele-p
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:53 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:53 PM
    Thanks basil, very reassuring to know. I'll make sure we all have a small second bag for all the electronics/valuables in case we need to put the main bag in the hold, and will have some films downloaded ready rather than pay.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

3,036Users online

Martin's Twitter