Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • whitesatin
    • By whitesatin 11th Oct 16, 9:45 AM
    • 1,871Posts
    • 5,660Thanks
    whitesatin
    Partnership Card (John Lewis)
    • 11th Oct 16, 9:45 AM
    Partnership Card (John Lewis) 11th Oct 16 at 9:45 AM
    They have changed their system/format and one has to re-register. I think there must be teething problems as I am unable to log on to my account. I have managed to re-register as requested but I'm hoping that they get the issues sorted soon. There is a high volume of activity on their phone lines so I can't get through.

I suppose, as the changes only took effect yesterday, I'll just have to wait.

I'm assuming that the changes will be for the better but I don't like change, I suppose.
Page 2
    • wotcha
    • By wotcha 14th Oct 16, 5:18 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    wotcha
    Rubbish website - not properly tested?
    There are plenty of complaints over the last few days on JL's own website. Lots of people having major problems trying to re-register existing cards. As a result the call centre is swamped with calls so you can't get through to them. Clearly the new website was never properly tested before being launched. Simple solution would be to remove the registration service and publish a notice advising customers when the service becomes available again - this would reduce volumes of calls to call centre. Not certain where you stand if you can't log-in to pay off your monthly statement?
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 15th Oct 16, 1:27 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Good for me now: Logs in first time every time and I can access all pages and features. Maybe the deluge of everyone re-registering is over now. Waiting for the mobile app now.
    Saving for Xmas 2017 - A pound a day - 30/365

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you
    • Deep In Debt
    • By Deep In Debt 15th Oct 16, 5:54 PM
    • 7,697 Posts
    • 11,224 Thanks
    Deep In Debt
    I managed to re-register and login ok today and it seems to be working fine.

As above, maybe everyone re-registering at the same time caused the problems.
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 15th Oct 16, 6:01 PM
    • 2,546 Posts
    • 4,358 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Reregistered and working ok for me. I can't find the app though.
    Debt and mortgage free and saving for early retirement
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 15th Oct 16, 8:02 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Reregistered and working ok for me. I can't find the app though.
    Originally posted by enthusiasticsaver
    Expand the "How do I download the mobile app" FAQ
    Our mobile apps are on the way – they'll be available in the App Store and on Google Play soon.
    https://www.johnlewisfinance.com/

The only apps I can find in the App Store at the moment is the John Lewis shopping app and the My John Lewis card product scanner.

• Six
    • By Six 19th Oct 16, 8:06 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Six
    Is anybody having difficulty with the CSV export. I've used this feature for years on the old platform with great success. Eventually I've managed to get onto the new site but find CSVs I download for last months statement have loads of transactions missing. Also if I try to print the same happens.

I think the new site is extremely poor up to what we had before, I'm very disappointed with it.
    • ellymoo
    • By ellymoo 20th Oct 16, 9:01 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    ellymoo
    I'm much happier with the new site. It is actually showing all payments made to the account which it never used to - just "last payment received".
    • nbrewitt
    • By nbrewitt 24th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    nbrewitt
    I've just received my first "new look" statement arggh, the transaction totals don't add up correctly and my attempts at online payments keep getting bounced back. Back to the drawing board JL
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 24th Oct 16, 8:02 PM
    • 6,519 Posts
    • 4,872 Thanks
    daveyjp
    My online payment by direct transfer from bank account bounced back today.

Check the reference number on the bill against your card number.
    • CuddlesTC
    • By CuddlesTC 25th Oct 16, 1:41 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    CuddlesTC
    I've just received my first "new look" statement arggh, the transaction totals don't add up correctly
    Originally posted by nbrewitt
    Mine don't either - quite pleased to hear it's not just a problem at my end. Hopefully it'll come right when my next DD payment goes through *fingers crossed*
    • Eagalitarian
    • By Eagalitarian 30th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Eagalitarian
    Only became aware of problem when card was declined in Waitrose. Returned home later that day to find post included letter from Partnership Card alleging overdue payment and separate bank statement indicating payment had been sent but declined by Partnership Card. Phone call requesting information met with half hearted apologies and reference to "website problems". Told a £12 default charge would be waived "as a goodwill gesture", as if I was the one who'd done something wrong and they were doing me a favour! John Lewis Group's halo continues to slip. It is unclear how much of this shambles is down to JL and how much to HSBC, but affected customers deserve a formal apology rather than platitudinous, stereotyped press releases.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 30th Oct 16, 1:50 PM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    Despite the assurances referred to on yesterday's BBC Moneybox, I failed to get through to them by phone this morning after waiting for just under an hour. They've blocked off the website facility for sending secure messages forcing even more people into calling them and making an appalling situation even worse.

Seems to be no end to their ability to damage the John Lewis brand still further - even though in reality there's only a tenuous connection.
    • peterbuchner
    • By peterbuchner 30th Oct 16, 2:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peterbuchner
    One of the many that have suffered frustratingly lengthy delays when phoning JL card services 10 days ago. Still waiting for the promised phone call to resolve their mistake. I wrote over a week ago, still no answer. It does surprise that given JL's supposed excellent reputation for good service,it doesn't have the courtesy or professionalism to make a general statement to their customers/cardholders as to when they're going to resolve these problems.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 31st Oct 16, 8:57 AM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Anthorn
    It does surprise that given JL's supposed excellent reputation for good service,it doesn't have the courtesy or professionalism to make a general statement to their customers/cardholders as to when they're going to resolve these problems.
    Originally posted by peterbuchner
    For the Partnership Card it's not John Lewis you're dealing with, it's HSBC.

• Doc N
    • By Doc N 31st Oct 16, 10:14 AM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    For the Partnership Card it's not John Lewis you're dealing with, it's HSBC.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    You're right, of course, but it's the John Lewis brand and reputation that's taking the hit again.

They're getting paid for the use of their name by HSBC, but my guess is that the damage to the brand probably exceeds what they're being paid - I imagine negotiations between the two to sort out a financial settlement will have started already!
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 31st Oct 16, 10:39 AM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Anthorn
    You're right, of course, but it's the John Lewis brand and reputation that's taking the hit again.

They're getting paid for the use of their name by HSBC, but my guess is that the damage to the brand probably exceeds what they're being paid - I imagine negotiations between the two to sort out a financial settlement will have started already!
    Originally posted by Doc N
    You imagine or you know?

I should think that loyalty to John Lewis and to a lesser extent Waitrose will not suffer as a result or the relatively short-lived difficulties. I'm off the Waitrose this morning: The only place I can buy over the counter locally Cafedirect Machu Picchu whole coffee beans. Yes I'll be using my Partnership Card

• AndyJ52
    • By AndyJ52 1st Nov 16, 10:46 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    AndyJ52
    I've just gone through the re-registration process. Very slow but at least that was successful. Went on to pay my monthly bill and did so ...... however, I've been given no authorisation number or reference number acknowledging the payment and the final page stating that 'your payment has been received' does not print out. So now I've paid my bill but have no receipt from JL of any sort to prove that I've done so should this shambles of an upgrade mean that my money goes astray. Should I contact my bank and stop the payment??? Arrgghhh!
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 1st Nov 16, 12:15 PM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    Secure messages still disabled on the website - so no alternative but to call them, leading to even longer delays in answering.

Finally managed to get through this morning after waiting for 55 minutes in a queue with no indication whatever of the wait time or how many others in the queue ahead - the worst possible sort of queuing system.

Earlier formal complaint still not touched after more than a fortnight, despite assurance that they'd be in touch the following day.

The staff are doing their best in an impossible situation, and the longer it goes on the worse it seems to get.

Have to wonder, though, whether the senior management is fit for purpose. My guess is not.
    • AndyJ52
    • By AndyJ52 1st Nov 16, 1:50 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    AndyJ52
    Update: I spoke to my bank and they have assured me that the transaction has gone through correctly and they've given the authorisation code usually given at the final stage of the transaction on the card site.
    Everything appears to have happened as it ought ..... and the bank have made a note of the subject of my call, date time etc for reference should a problem arise.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 2nd Nov 16, 12:57 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Secure messages still disabled on the website - so no alternative but to call them, leading to even longer delays in answering.

Finally managed to get through this morning after waiting for 55 minutes in a queue with no indication whatever of the wait time or how many others in the queue ahead - the worst possible sort of queuing system.

Earlier formal complaint still not touched after more than a fortnight, despite assurance that they'd be in touch the following day.

The staff are doing their best in an impossible situation, and the longer it goes on the worse it seems to get.

Have to wonder, though, whether the senior management is fit for purpose. My guess is not.
    Originally posted by Doc N
    You don't appear to be able to understand that Partnership Card is run and managed by HSBC. What on earth do the John Lewis senior management and staff have to do with it? Can we actually say there is senior management? Aren't they all partners? John Lewis are agents of HSBC just the same that they are agents of Plusnet for John Lewis Broadband!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,352Posts Today

6,710Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @speirin: @MartinSLewis now thats a blast from the past ???? https://t.co/5cSz1aNWFz

• Have you set the Betamax? Tonight 8pm ITV The Martin Lewis Money Show - if ur married, and/or got kids and/or get tax credits - a must watch

• On my way to @thismorning today "Is a shop telling you porkies" - how to tell your consumer rights from consumer wrongs...

• Follow Martin