Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tiggerpud
    • By tiggerpud 11th Oct 16, 8:40 AM
    • 61Posts
    • 12Thanks
    tiggerpud
    AE & Directors
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:40 AM
    AE & Directors 11th Oct 16 at 8:40 AM
    My husband & I run a Ltd company and have two staff which we know are eligible for AE - I've seen lots of info about Directors not needing to AE (unless contract in place) but nothing about whether they are ABLE to AE? We currently pay ourselves a small salary & declare a dividend. I'm thinking it would be worth us also enrolling (if we can) as will reduce (albeit very small) the company profits hence less CT!

Is my thinking correct and are we ABLE to AE?
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 18th Oct 16, 4:46 PM
    • 85,076 Posts
    • 50,099 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 18th Oct 16, 4:46 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 4:46 PM
    This section gets very little viewing. Best to use the main pensions section in future.

I've seen lots of info about Directors not needing to AE (unless contract in place) but nothing about whether they are ABLE to AE?

Directors without employees could use an auto-enrolment scheme. Although for most directors that would not be good value. Most directors use individual schemes with employer contributions.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,262Posts Today

7,053Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin