Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sitemp
    • By Sitemp 11th Oct 16, 7:36 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sitemp
    Online purchase of wedding dress
    • 11th Oct 16, 7:36 AM
    Online purchase of wedding dress 11th Oct 16 at 7:36 AM
    Hello,
    We purchased a wedding dress online from a company called Aisle style uk. The dress came from a factory in China. Turned out my daughter didn't like the dress. The company say they can only take returns if it is faulty or they Sent the wrong dress. We would like a refund . I am under the impression that anything you buy online you are entitled to a full refund regardless of the reason for returning it. I am sure they are a UK business that have there factory in China. It states on the website that because it is made to order etc. They can't take returns.
    Are we still entitled to a full refund?
Page 1
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 11th Oct 16, 7:45 AM
    • 14,613 Posts
    • 19,655 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 11th Oct 16, 7:45 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 7:45 AM
    If it is made to order, then no right to a refund.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 11th Oct 16, 8:15 AM
    • 3,601 Posts
    • 7,084 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:15 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 8:15 AM
    What makes you think they're a U.K. Company?

Factory in China? FAQ full of odd phrasing?

They're a Chinese company, almost certainly. Therefore your rights are the rights of China.
    Suvery Earnings 2016 - £188
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 11th Oct 16, 9:00 AM
    • 15,688 Posts
    • 11,394 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 11th Oct 16, 9:00 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 9:00 AM
    Originally posted by Sitemp
    No, and you wouldn't be even if they were a UK company (which they almost certainly aren't). Wear it or sell it.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 11th Oct 16, 9:35 AM
    • 796 Posts
    • 747 Thanks
    waamo
    • 11th Oct 16, 9:35 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 9:35 AM
    It does say clearly on their website that they do not accept returns. The English on their site is appalling too.
    This space for hire.
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 11th Oct 16, 9:37 AM
    • 1,808 Posts
    • 1,398 Thanks
    naedanger
    • 11th Oct 16, 9:37 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 9:37 AM
    Hello,
    We purchased a wedding dress online from a company called Aisle style uk. The dress came from a factory in China. Turned out my daughter didn't like the dress. The company say they can only take returns if it is faulty or they Sent the wrong dress. We would like a refund . I am under the impression that anything you buy online you are entitled to a full refund regardless of the reason for returning it. I am sure they are a UK business that have there factory in China. It states on the website that because it is made to order etc. They can't take returns.
    Originally posted by Sitemp
    I suspect they are not a UK company but they seem to be masquerading as one by having "UK" in their name and giving a UK billing address.

Also I don't see any reason to assume the dress was made to measure. Therefore, as far as I am aware, the purchaser would have had a right to return the dress for a full refund if it was a UK company.

Personally I would make a chargeback claim (or a section 75 claim if the dress cost more than £100 and was paid using a credit rather than a debit card) giving the reason "item not as described". (I would argue the item is not as described as you were expecting an item that would come with a right of return were it not to your daughter's liking.)

More info on chargeback:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback
    • vuvuzela
    • By vuvuzela 11th Oct 16, 10:22 AM
    • 3,193 Posts
    • 3,712 Thanks
    vuvuzela
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:22 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:22 AM
    Trustpilot rating is appalling https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.aislestyle.co.uk
    • Gleeful
    • By Gleeful 11th Oct 16, 10:36 AM
    • 1,835 Posts
    • 7,281 Thanks
    Gleeful
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:36 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:36 AM
    I suspect they are not a UK company but they seem to be masquerading as one by having "UK" in their name and giving a UK billing address.

Also I don't see any reason to assume the dress was made to measure. Therefore, as far as I am aware, the purchaser would have had a right to return the dress for a full refund if it was a UK company.

Personally I would make a chargeback claim (or a section 75 claim if the dress cost more than £100 and was paid using a credit rather than a debit card) giving the reason "item not as described". (I would argue the item is not as described as you were expecting an item that would come with a right of return were it not to your daughter's liking.)

More info on chargeback:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback
    Originally posted by naedanger
    Advising someone to abuse the chargeback scheme....not clever!
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 11th Oct 16, 2:54 PM
    • 10,212 Posts
    • 7,372 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:54 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:54 PM
    If it is made to order, then no right to a refund.
    Originally posted by pinkshoes
    Made to order isn't excluded from CCRs. Only where the goods are made to the consumers specifications or clearly personalised.

As they do appear to be a UK company (CNFIRST Trade Ltd), they are subject to UK laws. Of course enforcing that might be another matter.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • Caroline_a
    • By Caroline_a 11th Oct 16, 3:41 PM
    • 3,694 Posts
    • 10,210 Thanks
    Caroline_a
    Loved this bit on their website -

Management & Advantage
    We have an outstanding management technician group, they will safeguard the whole process in aislestyle will work smoothly and to be perfect and also each work line will be outfit with an management official eventually.

No idea what it means though!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,378Posts Today

5,975Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Going to a very exciting premier right now... with Mrs and mini MSE, to the screening of "we're going on a bear hunt"

• No. Not a huge fan. Never claimed to be.Just a fan. And one who choose to prioritise family time with his little gi? https://t.co/lZ9uUylk2U

• I've just checked the score. You're right. What happened? https://t.co/5E7y52r47o

• Follow Martin